Chapter 4 : The Arguments

"Okay. I will be back in two hours or so. " I said looking gratefully at him. My aunt lived in Delhi. Mom had called me, asking me to pay her a visit in my free hours.  We were free until evening. The morning discussion that we attended was boring. All I did was "make notes". Oh I did do a little checking out. Very interestingly none of the present lawmen looked as good as him. I was Omkara obsessed I guess. I was thoroughly enjoying being around him. What I was liking more was his eased attitude towards me.

I left his room like a happy bird. My first cousin Nidhi was a jaunty girl. He had a blast every time we were together. She used to be at Mumbai during her graduation studies – Engineer! Another boring occupation. In my opinion at least. But oh, she was such a fun person to be with. Very much mischievous and carefree. 

* * * *

I entered the hotel, half an hour later. I was fuming. My mother had set up a meeting with a guy. A certain guy who she assumed could be a prospective perfect match for me. I was informed at the reception that Mr Omkara Singh Oberoi had left for personal work and would be back by the evening. I entered my room dialing my mother's number. It was war time! Thankfully Nidhi had spilled the beans to me before I even got to their place. I immediately requested the cab driver to drop me back. I am not getting married. Certainly, not an arranged marriage. I loved Omkara! And he perhaps hadn't even considered me of that league. Uhh, messed up life. I needed to hurry up this entire wooing? Whatever.

"Mom this isn't done. You lied. You know, I don't want to see any guy."

"I never lied princess. I simply didn't tell you. But what you just did was not right. You know how bad your BadePa and BadiMaa would've felt to cancel the entire thing owing to your absence."

"Not my fault. I've told you I am not ready for marriage right now. And arranged marriage? Like seriously. You remember in which century we are in right?"

"Of course, my Naani. Arranged? What's the problem, I really don't understand."

"Mom, I am not your naani. "

"You talk like one."

"I want a love marriage mom!"

"Gauri quit this stupid fantasy. You'll remain single for life then. All good men will be married and gone."

"Ahh, then I don't want to marry. "

"Gauri. Listen. We have heard enough. You either get a guy who you can bring home to get approved by us or you approve the guy we make you meet."

"Bye!" I ended the call. 

"Marry me off, to the first person you find. No one cares about me. What if that man is a psycho? No one cares. Ahh.."

"Want to talk?" A voice came and I froze. Shit no. Couldn't be Omkara's. God why! Did he hear it all? I gradually turned to find him standing against the door frame his hands folded against his chest and a  smile he was trying to hide. What was so amazing to smile about?