Chapter 26 : Lawyer's Wrong Move

Onkara walked out with a grin on his face. What was his wife upto? She had purposefully placed the table napkin on his phone and then had given him an ignore it look. He did as she indicated. He just wanted to get done with the current case, that had taken up all his time. He just couldn't wipe away that excitement. They were so close. So darn close to the damned consummation. He heard footsteps behind him and turned to find her jogging up to him. His smiled broadened. "What you..?"

His words disappeared when she pecked on his lips. He stared at her bewildered. Was this the same Gauri who turned a tomato when he even held her hand in front of the family? She was pecking his lips! 

"Wow. Who are you and what did you do to my shy wife?" He teased as she handed him the phone.

"Take care. And come home early. Please." she pouted.

"You're calling me home early.." he had a smug smirk on his face. "For?" He admired giw quickly her cheeks became pink. 

"Well, you have to come home early to know!" She winked. "Now bye bye, Mr.Omkara." she was about to step away when he held her hand and pulled her close. Bending down he kissed her neck as she tried to wriggle out of his hold giggling. "Om!" She gasped at the moist contact his lips made with the nape of her neck. He chucked leaving her. "Save it!" He winked and walked away leaving behind a gaping Gauri. 

◾◾◾◾◾◾

Gauri turned to face him awkwardly. Ever since the kiss Gauri couldn't look at him the same way. She had kissed him. The rains had subsided a little. Shivaay had sent over a skilled driver with a vehicle that could manage to handle the water clogged roads. "Thank you." She whispered. They hadn't spoken anything more than necessary since the morning. "Welcome. Take care." He flashed a courteous smile. At the right moment, her father came out. Gauri quickly introduced them to each other. Her father not only tapped Omkara's back but also gave him a brief hug thanking him for taking care of Gauri. Their eyes met briefly, each remembering the kiss.

"Take care." He wished Gauri once again and then turned to her father. "Good day uncle!" He walked away in swift strides and the car pulled away. Gauri smiled hugging her father as they moved in. Her father appreciating Omkara for being a gentleman. Gauri wondered if her father would still think of him the Sam eway if he knew about he kiss. Shaking off wild thoughts Gauri decided to have nice hot water bath and have a nice breakfast.

* * *

Three days later the city was gaining back it's normal schedule. The rains had subsided and the cyclone's effects has ceased. Gauri timidly entered his office room. It brought back memories of that night. The kiss, the talks, the waking up together and the warmth. She decided to not address the elephant of awkwardness into he room and be normal. Her heartbeat was erratic the moment she had a glimpse of him. There she was glasses over his nose and attention on he file. Damn, how did he manage to look hot despite doing the most boring task?

"Good morning!" She greeted him walking towards her table. 

"Good morning, Gauri." She glanced back and smiled at him. She walked over to his table with the file in hand. The one that Alia had handed her downstairs. "These are the shortlists for the upcoming interviews." He glanced up at her. "Can we do it after today's hearing?"