Chapter 11 : The Unexpected Call

Gauri entered the office aimlessly. The Singhanias hadn't stayed for dinner on Saturday. But Gauri had given a green signal to Aman. There was no reason to not even try hanging around with him. He was a nice guy, tall like Omkara, but way more interactive and funny. She smiled at the thought.

"Hey" Omkara's voice made her divert her attention to him.

"Hi."She smiled in response to his adorable smile. It was so unlikely of him to wish her first.

"Thanks for taking out time from your off day and helping me out." He thanked her.

Gauri smiled, "Anytime." And like always it slowly faded.

"Gauri?"

"yeah." she turned to him. "What's up? I mean I noted that wide smile, when you entered."

Gauri was surprised. He noted? "Nothing." She plastered a curve up her lips.

"Okay." Omkara said losing interest and looking back into his file. Suits him well! Gauri turned grumpily. She had no clue why, but she had started being annoyed at Omkara. For no good reason. Maybe it was the stress around her that made her behave that way. He wasn't to blame. She hadn't even had the guts to tell him that she liked, scratch, loved him! Then how could she be angry at him for everything that was happening? She couldn't find the courage to open her heart out to him. She did not want to be mocked. No she did not want her love to be mocked. Better let it remain a secret.

The day progressed and in a blink it was evening. She was standing outside the courtroom waiting for Omkara to walk out after fulfilling the formalities. She knew it would take him some time so she decided to walk around a bit. She saw a golgappa street-cart she but her lower lip as temptation set in. It had been a while she had hanged out with her friends going for golgappas, cotton candy, ice-golaas, vada-pav. Life was to be lived not to be endured. Why was she walking around with the load? Life happens to everyone. There is that one eye opening incident in everyone's life that makes them realise they can't be stuck at something or somewhere forever. One has to move on in life. She now understood why her parents wanted her to marry and be settled. Cause you never know with life, its unpredicatable.

Her ringing phone brought her out of her series of thoughts. Unknown number. She pursed her lips swiping over the screen to answer. "Hello?"

"Hi!" An excited man's voice was heard from the other side.

"Umm, may I know who is this?"

"Yes, if you want to." Spoke the other voice.

Gauri moved her eyes around wierdly. "Who is this?"

"Rudra." The voice answered.

"Umm, I don't know any Rudra. I guess you've got the number wrong." Gauri said preparing to end the call when the other person suddenly spoke up. "Oh, no, you don't know me. I know you. I am Omkara's brother, Rudra Singh Oberoi. " Rudra finally spoke up clearly recieving glares from Shivaay and Anika.

"Oh. Umm, Omkara isn't around. I will ask him to call back as soon as he is out from the courtroom. " Gauri spoke quickly.