Chapter 25 : The next step

Omkara quietly tiptoed behind Gauri until they entered their room. "Wasn't it fun?" Gauri asked a wide smile gracing her face once Omkara turned after locking the door of their room. "For the third time now, yes it was."

"You can say a thank you, you know." She muttered placing the bags on the side table and walking up to her wardrobe. Now Omkara understood why had she been repeatedly asking about that. "Thank you Mrs. Gauri Oberoi." He sighed after slipping out of his shoes. He walked up to her as she stood before the cupboard picking out clothes for the night. He hugged her from behind. "Thank you." He whispered his nose rubbing over her neck. He felt her tense and then she quickly turned to face him. 

"You need to stop stressing over your cases." She smiled hugging him. He smiled hugging her. "You know how much it means to me to get people justice. I don't over work myself it's just that I want things to be smooth." 

"That makes you overwork." Gauri pointed out her cheek pressed against her husband's chest. Omkara's hand moved downwards to her waist from her shoulder as he parted slightly. "If you're going to make my nights fun like this then I am definently going to overwork myself." He grinned. Gauri giggled slipping away from his hold. "I will quickly change." Saying that she walked into he washroom. Omkara sighed in contentment, before proceeding to set his alarm for the morning and take out his night clothes. 

* * * 

Gauri lay beside Omkara as they stared at the moving fan. "I haven't sneaked out like this, ever before." Gauri told him smiling.

He smiled turning to look at her. She had an angelic smile. "Daadi would have fainted seeing the way you dressed today." Omkaar smirked.

Gauri giggled. "I don't think so... it's not like I wore a mini skirt or something."

"Gauri. The dress made you look like a bombshell. I honestly didn't think you could pull it off but you did and you rocked it."

Gauri blinked registering his words. "Thank you for the very twisted compliment." Was he implying she looked sexy?

Omkara laughed rising his head to turn it to her side, supporting it using his right elbow. "Trust me many people eyed you today. Not just me." Gauri blushed staring at him. Her fingers fidgeting with the little pendant of the chain around her neck. "Gauri.." she looked into his deep tantalizing eyes, humming in response. "Do you think it's time we take our relationship .." he held her hand which was fidgeting with the pendant. "To the next step?" He slid his fingers into the grooves between her fingers. Gauri didn't break the eye lock. 

She had guessed that he had been giving her time to get comfortable around him. However, she desperately wanted to explore intricate intimacy with him. She loved his kisses, caresses and touches. But she yearned to be touched in a way he had never before touched her. Although she liked the idea of establishing a more intimate trust, an emotional bonding with him. 

She raised their hands with interwoven fingers to her lips and kissed the back of his palm. He smiled staring at her. His gaze drifting down to her smiling lips. He leaned forward brushing his lips over hers. Like always her breath hitched. He pressed his lips further over hers but before she could go ahead she turned away. He looked at her baffled.