Chapter 16 : Coffee With The Lawyer

"Good morning!" Gauri greeted Omkara. She was in a jolly mood today. No more tension, no more guilt. She had followed Omkara's advice and had spoken straight. Aman was disappointed for sure and he expressed it. But he appreciated her straightforwardness and honesty. Her parents were a little upset. Especially her mother, who felt it was stupid for Gauri to have let go such a nice man. She kept questioning of what was lacking in Aman. Gauri did not say much except that they wouldn't just click. But her heart screamed, 'he wasn't Omkara'. When her mother had asked her what did she expect in her husband, Gauri wanted to dreamily tell her that 'she wanted Omkara'.

However, Gauri had been reprimanding herself for her stupid desires. Omkara was not in her league. She was simply making castles out of clouds. She had decided that she would put her wishful thinking to an end. She promised herself to put efforts to grow out of love. She had a few days with him anyhow. 

"Good morning." Omkara smiled looking up at her immediately. "So, how did it go?" He asked curiously, all his attention on her. Gauri looked at him pleasantly surprised. She walked over to the chair on the other side of his table. Placing her hands on the chair she smiled, "All's well. He was a little disappointed but then he was okay with us being friends." Omkara smiled. "See, I told you. You owe me for that."

Gauri giggled. "Sure thing. Tell me what do you want? Chocolate? Or are you going to make me work extra time?" She asked hoping he took that as a joke. 

"Well that's a nice idea." Omkara feigned amazement. 

Gauri's smiled dropped. Was he serious? Omkara began to chuckle. "I was joking." Gauri stared at him. Humor certainly did not suit him. She pulled her lips into a smile. Stupid man!

"How about coffee, today evening?"

"Coffee?" Gauri repeated questioning. 

Omkara nodded casually. "Coffee and maybe umm, pastry or cake?"

Gauri's mouth was already watering. Coffee and cake. "Okay." She smiled. 

"Alright then." He smiled. Gauri smiled back looking at him. They kept looking at each other smiling. Soon the air got awkward. Gauri forced a smile turning around, then walking to her chair. This couldn't be the Omkara she had met almost four months ago. Well, not bad. Date with Omkaar Singh Oberoi. Her heart squealed. Just coffee with the boss. Her mind shut her heart with a scowl. Oh these two would make her mad. 

* * * 

Gauri smiled as Omkara opened the door for her. It was like she was living in a dream. She smiled walking ahead. The cafe had beautiful interiors with pastel colors. She looked around and pointed to a table for two. Omkara followed her. Her heart skipped a beat, he was right behind her. He pulled the chair for her. She mumbled a thank you.  He sat on the chair opposite to hers. Okay now the awkwardness would kick in. She looked at him smiling formally. He smiled and sat back, unbuttoning the coat and pushing it behind. God why did he have to look so handsome! He turned raising his hand for the waiter to see. Her eyes ran over his chest that his white shirt clung tightly to. Damn you Gauri, look away. Her mind chided. 

He stared at her while she was going through the menu. She was so beautiful.  She had perfect eyes, he loved how they grew big when she was surprised. Her cute nose, how he wished he could give it a playful squeeze. Her petal like lips, damn, those were seductively attractive.  How he wished he could feel them against his. He was happy that the menu entertained her and had her attention. Although he pretended to be looking at his mobile his attention was on her. . Maybe Shivaay was right. He could be in love with her. However,  he had no clue of what love was. He could perhaps not be in love at all. Maybe just his ripe hormones playing with his mind.  Perhaps, his mother was right. It was time he married. Maybe he needed to feed his man desires. He needed a wife to complete him. But, again, he knew he did not have time to devote to a wife. Marriage was a big deal. He had no time off from his cases to even think about a marriage.  But then what if he was left all alone and all the pretty woman were taken? Like Gauri. What if there were many more men like Aman? He would be left with no one by his side. To have coffee dates with, to have someone care for him. To have someone feed his desires. To have someone he looked forward to see every day. To have someone who cared whether he had his breakfast or not, like his mom. To have someone dance with him. To have someone to joke with. To have someone be there by his side to hear him when  he had something to say.