Chapter 20 : Words & Feelings

Gauri was seated in one corner of the couch with the woolen-fur blanket wrapped around her. She was now feeling cold and very bored. She could not sleep this way. She could hear the rain, it seemed to be endless. On the single sofa adjacent tot he couch sat Omkara flipping through a news magazine.  Gauri cringed. This man was super boring. He must be handsome.  He must be kind,polite and gentleman kind. But he was too boring for life.

Gauri's patience hit the roof and erupted.  "Are you going to read all night?"

"Yes. Isn't it an excellent idea?" Omkara replied amusingly.  She stared at him. He maintained a poker face for a few seconds  until it cracked and a chuckle broke loose. He got up and kept the magazine back in the rack and returned. This time perching upon the couch she had been sitting on. At the other extreme end. 

"So?" He asked taking a deep breath, placing his arm on the headrest of the couch and turning in his seat to face her. 

"Can we talk? Or let's play?" She sat up straight excitedly. 

"If you're going to make me sing or perform dumb charades, I am going back to read."

"No." Gauri immediately piped in.

He smiled. "So we can debate. Yeah that's a nice idea. So let us take a topic you can go for it or against it. I will take whatever is left."

She stared at him. He couldn't be serious about it. "Seriously?" She asked in a soft voice. He grinned looking at her color draining face. He so wanted to pull her cheeks at that cute dumbfounded expression she made. "I was kidding.  What do you want to talk about?"

"Hmm, let's play rapid fire?" She suggested her excitement bubbling inside her. It would be such a wonderful way of getting to know him more. She wondered if she should drop hints that she liked him. What if it spoiled the good friendship they had? That would be terrible.  She really liked spending time with him. She wouldn't want to spoil that for anything. 

"Oh man, not that.  Rudra plays that a lot. He says that game gets out secrets. "

"It does, many times, it does. You have secrets huh?" Gauri grinned. She was a pro at the game. She never let her real thoughts come out in the game. But he did not know that, she thought excitedly.

"Nothing of that sort." Omkara spoke shifting a little in his seat. Should he go for it? It would be a convenient way of knowing her better. "Okay. You start."

Gauri beamed. "Okay, um, we will start with...." she looked around. "Let's start with the word...moon."

Om - "Night". 

Gauri - "Stars"

Om- "twinkle "

Gauri looked at him smiling, "eyes."