Chapter 22 : Overwhelming Sparks

Omkara stared at her, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. Her cheeks had a pinkish hue and glowed in the room lit with golden light. Her slightly plum lips were more than ever inviting. The way she took audible breaths left Omkara at the edge of his self control. He had never felt a desire so strong. Her closeness took over his thinking. Logic blurred, there was just desire, passion, attraction and a softness -love. He bent closer again. If she was a drug, he was drugged. Her gaze met his. He did not have the patience to read her eyes, he wanted to taste her mouth again.

"Omkara-"she gasped feeling his lips on her again. She couldn't think straight. Was it  adream? Surely must be, cause it was only there that Omkara was so close to her. Oddly, this felt real, very very real.

Omkara hear her whisper his name as his lips brushed on hers. He hurriedly met her eyes, that were already on his. She leaned away taking a deep breath by parting her lips. THis wasn;'t helping. Omkara had never felt such strong thrusts of mad desire for someone. He was turned on. He wanted to press his body against hers. Her hand moved on his chest and he took a deep breath. Slowly, reality made a way back.

Gauri wanted him to kiss her again. She moved her hand over his chest as she always wanted to. She could feel his firm chest under the material of the shirt. There was a flicker in his eyes and he was steadily moving away, straightening up. She looked at him with a confusion. Why was he moving away? Her mind became conscious as her heartbeat began to normalize.  Was this--oh this was real. Not one of her dreams. Her eyes grew wide as the realisation dawned. They had actually kissed, a full mouth kiss!

Omkara was now nervous as he . He had kissed Gauri. Wow! But, not after telling her he felt things for her. Not after seeking her permission. Out of the blue he had kissed her. What if she thought he was taking advantage of the situation? He hoped she thought better of him than that. If only he hadn't kissed her. But he didn't regret it a bit. He did not regret kissing her! He still couldn't refrain from looking at her lips. Damn, he was a goner!

"I--I-am--"Gauri honestly had no clue what she was uttering. She was excited, nervous and scared at the same time. Kissing a man wasn't something that was normal for her. it was her first kiss! She was glad it was with Omkara. But a part of her her was scared what if he hated her for it. Or worse he thought of her as some random girl trying to get his attention in all possible wrong ways. Darn, she was in a soup!

"Gauri, I-" he stopped abruptly, wondering what he could say so that he didn't loose the friendship her had with her. Gauri looked at him embarrassed and tucked her hair behind her ear. He couldn't see her look sheepishly at the floor.

"It was beautiful!" Omkara didn't know what his mouth was speaking, but he definitely heard himself say that. Gauri looked up at him with her doe shaped eyes shining with surprise, perhaps a better would be shock. Omkara gently held  her hand. What was he doing? He had no clue. He just didn't want to spoil whatever they had established between them.

Gauri could feel the heat flowing to her ears. It indeed was beautiful. But she least expected im to say that. What if-what if-he was meaning it in only a physical way? A part of her disagreed. The Omkara she had known wouldn't involve with a woman, at least her, only driven by lust. Would he? The moment he held her hand, Gauri felt her heart jump.

"Gauri, I-"he took a deep breath. He was utterly confused and there was only one way out- the truth! "Gauri, I really like you. I mean, I've started, I mean.."this was harder than he thought. He couldn't even find the right words to describe what he felt. He held her hand between his. "I have started seeing you a little more than a friend." Little? Like seriously? That wasn't anywhere near truth, he had freaking dirty dreams of her with him. But he didn't want to scare her away right now.

Gauri simply stared at him. Was life playing some stupid joke on her? How could Omkara be the one telling her he liked her and not the other way round? She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. "Omkara, I--" he stared at her intently waiting for her to complete. "I feel the same." She uttered in a single breath. She did not think of the consequences or anything else at the moment. She just grabbed the opportunity she was provided. She didn't want to regret. He blinked as though sinking it all in. Slowly his lips curved into a smile. Then all she knew was his arms were around her taking her in an embrace. She smiled at his sudden display of affection. She squeezed her eyes shut hugging him back. In all honesty she had never expected this to happen! Perhaps, he was as overwhelmed as she was. After a minute or so, she opened her eyes. She felt extremely shy now. Gently she lifted her palms of his back, trying to pull away. She had never been so close to any guy before. Her cheeks flushed.

He slowly pulled away when he felt her hesitation. Something was surely wrong with him today. First the kiss, then the unplanned confession and now this bone crushing hug. Either it was the spell of the enchanting night or hers. He met her gaze, his hands not leaving her hands.A heavy silence settled over them, as they gazed at each other. An uneasy tension was slowly building up  in the atmosphere around them. Either of them didn't know what to speak. Involuntarily Omkara's gaze fell on her lips. Oh he would love to kiss her again. But first things first, he needs to make her comfortable and not freak out with everything at once. He saw how her gaze looked everywhere around but him. Her crimson hued cheeks were clearly a sign that she was shy.

She could feel the heat growing in her cheeks. By now she knew he would know of her embarrassment. The raindrops were still falling outside. Gauri had no clue how to meet his eyes again. The worst, she could still feel the kiss. Either her hormones were to blame or the fact that she had been with him in the same space for hours together now. All she knew was she was nervous, for there was still a couple of hours to go until the sun rose. This was indeed turning to be the most eventful night of her life!

I am really sorry for keeping you all waiting

I am really sorry for keeping you all waiting. It took me days together to write this. It's just that I am so busy nowadays that I barely get the clear mind to sit, imagine, feel and write!

Anyways, hope you liked this one!

-Anami! <3