12

Lin:

"Good morning, Italy!" I hear Des shout while she opened the blinds. I groan because the sun had hit my face directly in my eyes, but I then chuckled. "Good morning, princess." I say as I lean in to give her a quick peck on the lips.

"Morning, babe." She says as she goes to the bathroom to start getting ready. I check my phone from the nightstand and see that it was 9:48am.

Yes, it was still kind of early but we wanted to get a head start for the day. I mean, we're in Italy, we can't waste time! I remove the warm sheets that covered my body and walk over to the desk to see the menu for breakfast.

"Babe, do you want to order breakfast or eat it at a restaurant?" I raise my voice so she could be able to hear from the bathroom. "Uh, whatever you want!" She says back. I shrug and decide to get the breakfast once we're out on the streets.

I pick out my clothes for today and I end up deciding on a black t-shirt and some dark maroon pants. I grab my sneakers and slip them on. I then hear Des come out of the bathroom and I see her beautiful face come to sight.

"You look beautiful," I comment and she gives me a wide smile. "Thank you," She kisses my cheek, making my heart race. She was wearing some high waisted jeans and a white turtleneck sweater. I can't believe she was all mine.

I step into the bathroom and do the usual, brush my teeth, style my hair, get dressed. When I step out, I tell Des that I chose to have breakfast once we were outside and she agreed with me so we headed out.

We walked the hotel hallway hand in hand, and eventually got outside. "Wow," I breathed the air. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Des says, "Couldn't agree more," I say. "Alright, first day in Sorrento! What do you wanna do, babe?" She asks me as she turns around to face me.

Our plans pretty much depended on ourselves because Desi told me that Layla was with a small group of friends during her vacation and that we would eventually meet up in dinner.

"Oh, I know! Let's get breakfast and then start off with all of the architecture!" I suggest and her face lights up. "Yes, let's goo!" She says, making me laugh. We end up taking a taxi and we ask the driver a good place to have breakfast.

He proposes this place just around the corner and it ended up being delicious. After eating, we start our adventure.

After seven hours, we ended up going to Via Fornillo which was a beach, Mount Vesuvius, an architectural place, Almafi Coast, a huge village in front of the ocean and we ended the day with a boat trip.

Man, the day was just amazing. We laughed so hard, mostly at other tourists and inside jokes. We also bonded like never before. It was now about four-thirty ish pm, so we head back to our hotel to get ready for the fancy dinner with Layla and her friends.

Tonight we were celebrating her birthday. I haven't talked with her because I wanted to wait until tonight to see her and give her her birthday present.

As we were walking on the streets, almost around the corner from our hotel, we hear a soft melody play on the violin. We turn around to see a guy playing some songs on the violin. I give him some money, and just like that, Lin grabs my hand and we start swaying back and forth with the beat of the song.

"Dancing on the streets in Italy with my girl. It doesn't get better than this." Lin says and I laugh. I pull away for a second just to give him a kiss on the lips. We keep dancing and I say, "Somebody pinch me, I feel like I'm stuck in a dream." I say and Lin laughs with me.

I then hear one of the most exciting sounds I've ever heard. Lin's song starts playing in the middle of the streets. Lin's song that I posted last night on Youtube! Holy fucking crap.

He turns around to face me and says, "Des, do you hear that?" He says, his face twisted in confusion. I couldn't contain my excitement any longer and I squeal.

"Babe, what's going on?" Lin laughs, in shock.

"Baby, that's your song! I posted the video last night of you singing it and I've been wanting to tell you, you hit a million views in just one night!" I feel my eyes start to tear up from happiness.

"Wha- No way, holy fuck, what!" He covers his mouth with his hands and I notice his eyes tear up as well.

"Look at you! You're famous now! Your song is playing on the radio!" I say in utter shock and excitement. I hug him tightly as he wraps his arms around my torso. He holds my head and I pull away to see his reaction once more.

"Desi..." He trails off.

"What?" I ask, now becoming confused at his sudden serious tone.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while now. Babe, you're the greatest person I've met and such a blessing and I- I love you, Des. I love you." He says to me while a tear fell from his eye. I couldn't believe this moment was happening. My breath got caught up and my palms got really sweaty and I was so nervous. However, I managed to admit the truth.

"I love you too, Lin." I said.