19

Desi:

"Raise a glass to Lin!" We all cheer as we celebrate his record deal accomplishment. It was now around eight pm and we were all gathered in his house. It was a small party, since his parents weren't here. It was just Aspyn, Lin, Layla, Anthony and I. Of course, Lin had to invite Anthony since they got so close after the trip.

Once the party's over, Layla and Anthony make their way outside and I stay with Lin. I set my wine glass down and wrap my arms around his neck. He does the same, wrapping his around my waist.

"I am so proud of you," I say, leaning in to feel his lips against mine.

"I know you are." He smiles once we pull away.

"I hate to say this, but I gotta leave. I need to head home since my shift starts extra early tomorrow just so that I can see you on time for the family lunch."

He groans but then gives in. "Alright, alright." He rolls his eyes playfully, making me giggle. "Bye, beautiful. I love you. Drive safely, please." He says while we make our way to the door.

"I love you too, handsome." I say and give him one last peck before I leave to my car. When I get home that night, I make sure to go to bed early so that I could wake up on time for my shift tomorrow.

Lin:

When Desi leaves to go to her apartment, I close the door behind me and say goodnight to Aspyn before going to sleep. I had already told my parents about the big news through a call even though they were coming home in like an hour.

I probably wasn't going to be able to see them when they get tonight since I was so exhausted from today and all I wanted to do was sleep. Soon enough, I end up falling asleep.

The following morning, I get up and get ready for the day. I was excited because I had a meeting and then we had the family lunch which meant I got to see Desi and meet her parents. Once I'm fully dressed and ready, I head downstairs.

I see my family sitting down in the dining room which was right next to the kitchen. "Glad that you could join us, sleeping beauty." Aspyn jokes as she eats a piece of her bacon while I enter the kitchen. "Ha, ha. Very funny." I sarcastically laugh before actually laughing.

I grab a plate and pick up some food to eat that was served in the kitchen counter as a mini breakfast buffet. My family always had this tradition when they were in the city. They would all make food and then serve it and have the breakfast in the dining room while talking about God knows what.

I take a sit next to my mom and I say good morning to all of them. Dad asks us the plan for today apart from the lunch that we had planned and Aspyn said she had a writing program while I said I had a meeting this morning. We all talked for a little bit more until it was time to take off.

Desi:

"Good morning!" I was greeted by Brianna when I entered the bookstore. She handed the co-workers and I a cup of iced coffee. I was taken aback by this surprise, but thanked her nontheless.

"Thank you, Brie!" I say and she smiled. "No problem." She responded and I gave her a smile before taking over my shift. Today's work was only until two pm so I had time to go home and get ready for today's lunch. Lin had texted me this morning that he was picking me up at three so I had more than enough time to get ready when I left work.

When it was already time to leave and my shift ended, I said goodbye to all the workers. I made my way to the car and drove the way home. I glanced at the clock in my car. 2:03 pm. Perfect.

A few minutes later, I got home and started getting ready with a quick shower, I needed to freshen up after today. When I'm done showering, I pick my outfit. Fancy but casual, right? I needed to make a good impression. I end up choosing a really cute top and pant combination. *picture below*

Once I'm done with my hair and everything, I check the time once more. 2:58pm. Again, perfect timing. I go and wait for Lin to pick me up in the living room.