Restock

Yugi

A loudspeaker had come over the area we were in.

"ATTENTION FIGHTER, THE MIDDLE IS RESTOCKED NOW. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TAKE WHAT YOU NEED FROM IT. ALSO REMEMBER THAT ITEMS YOU MAY FIND USELESS COULD BE VITAL TO ANOTHER PERSON!" The loudspeaker shouted at us. I'd need to check it out. My deck wasn't exactly low yet, but some new cards would be nice to have. Thankfully enough for me, I was close to the middle of the map.

As I headed towards the middle of the map I kept on thinking about my latest battle. Catapult Turtle had just faded away but was still on my duel disk. Maybe it would reappear when I encountered someone, and I still had Spell Shattering Arrow in my hand as well. Hopefully that'd come in handy later, who knows who I'd be using it on.

Another thing was I didn't think about it when I did it but I just summon Catapult Turtle to the field without thinking about it. Catapult turtle is a level five monster and it usually requires... My thought was interrupted by my duel disk, it ejected a card into my hand. I had gotten Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1. Someone was nearby, now that I thought about it the duel disk gave me an unfair advantage against sneaky foes. Right on cue Catapult Turtle reappeared in front of me as I made it to the middle of the map. Two figures stood in front of me, Katniss and Peeta. They wore expressionless faces, no emotion going in or out of them.

"C'mon Winged Dragon, let's do this!" I shouted. My dragon then appeared in front of me, that's when Katniss fired an arrow at my dragon, Winged Dragon narrowly avoided it and shot a fireball at her. Peeta had started to run towards me while my dragon and Katniss fought it out. He jumped up to bring his bloody knife down on me, but thankfully Catapult turtle landed in front of me and blocked it. But he did break the launcher on Catapult Turner unfortunately. Catapult Turtle then slammed into Peeta, causing him to be thrown backwards. I felt another card he ejected into my hand, Alpha the Magnet Warrior.

"Alpha the Magnet Warrior, go for it!" I shouted placing the card on my duel disk. My Magnet Warrior appeared right in front of me, but my Winged Dragon was falling towards us. Alpha then jumped up and took the brunt of the attack. Winged Dragon faded away and Alpha stood up, they were hurt. Catapult Turtle then was slid back towards me, Peeta was overpowering him.

I then saw a rouge arrow barreling towards me and held up my hand to protect myself, the arrow pierced through my duel disk. It then started creating sparks in it.

MALFUNCTION! ONLY FOUR MONSTER AND SPELL SND TRAP SLOTS AVAILABLE NOW! The duel disk yelled at me, I took the arrow out of my duel disk and looked at the damage, a hole right in my left-most slot. Then my duel disk gave me another card. I looked up to see Catapult Turtle fading away, Alpha struggling to keep up with both Peeta and Katniss now. This was bad, I lost an entire slot on my duel disk. Now I had to do something before I had no slots left and I was defenseless. My card I had drawn was Soul Rope, I didn't know how this card would work considering I had to pay life points and I didn't have any of those.

"I activate my Soul Rope to bring back my Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast!" I shouted as my monster appeared right in front of me, but I felt an overwhelming pain come over me. Blood spit out of mouth, so this is how life points worked. I smiled through the pain knowing the hell these too were about to go through. Alpha then flew backwards and behind me before fading away, Peeta and Katniss we're craving death and I was on the menu.

Chimera then charged at them and actually seemed to catch them off guard. I took the opportunity to run past the towards the center of the middle. Before I could I saw a rouge arrow fly towards me and this time I jumped to the side to avoid it. Chimera could hold them off but not for long, Chimera may be powerful but those two won't give up and Chimera would eventually. I searched around the middle looking for more cards I could access. I then heard a screech signifying Chimera has died, but then two roars shortly after followed, Gazelle and Berfomet were back. I got another card in my hand, Swords of Revealing Light. This hopefully would be able to stop them for a while.

I finally then found the stash of cards in the middle, I grabbed the handful and added them to my diminishing deck and shuffled it. I then ran back over to Katniss and Peeta who were each taking on one of my monsters.

"Hey! You wanna mess with the beasts well you're gonna get the swords!" I shouted making an awful pun, my Swords of Revealing Light then came cascading down on both of them. They were trapped by the light swords. It was good too because Katniss had just killed Gazelle. Now I had Berfomet at my side. I went to leave but heard cracking, they were breaking the swords. Berfomet then went to stop them but Katniss shot an arrow at Berfomet's wing.

I then got another card in my hand: Magician's Valkyria. I summoned my newest monster right away so that Berfomet wouldn't fight alone. Unfortunately for Magiacin's Valkyria, Berfomet fell a few seconds later, the only thing I could do now was run. I couldn't beat these two, but I was sure someone could. Magician's Valkyria was right on my heels, I then heard shattering indicating that the Swords of Revealing Light had been broken. I heard rushed footsteps  behind us and kept running to the other side to escape them, I looked back for a moment and they were catching up fast.

"C'mon duel disk, I need another card. I need another card that can trap them, I don't need a powerful monster. Heart of the cards, guide me!" I exclaimed and finally a card flew into my fingers, I looked at it. They were done for now.

"Spellbinding Circle, activate!" I shouted as a magical circle entrapped Katniss and Peeta, they both couldn't move against the strong magical binding. Now was my time to make a run for it, I ran into the forest with Magician's Valkyria slowly fading away. But before I could get out of earshot from them I heard Katniss utter her first words.

"We killed... Rebecca." She said in a raspy, almost inhuman voice. My eyes welled up with tears as I continued to run away from them. I kept on running until I knew I was safe from them, I still hadn't used my Spell Shattering Arrow yet.