Chapter 2

Y/N's POV

You woke up when the sun started to show through a window onto your face. You could hear the birds sing and could smell fresh tea. You tried to sit up in bed but as you attempted to pain ran through your body.

Finally the pain eased and you looked at your surroundings. You didn't recognize it. The walls were a light baby blue and the bed was covered with fluffy white covers and sheets.

'Where am I? How did I get here?'

You began to panic. You didn't like not knowing where you were. You stood to look in the mirror. Confusion struck.

"I look different... but what's missing and why do I have all of these wounds?" You questioned yourself.

"Looks like you have finally woke up." You jump at the sound of the person's face, not realizing that he had been there. "No need to worry young miss," he gave you a warm smile but it seemed forced somehow. "My name is Sebastian Michaelis. I am the head butler of the Phantomhive estate. I will be assisting you during your stay with us."

You slowly nod your head in response. You were trying to read the butler but you couldn't. Behind his smile he was rid of emotion. Even though you couldn't read him, you felt as though you could trust him.

He began to speak again, "I hope you don't mind being here. Our gardener found out 2 days ago and insisted you needed help and protection."

"2 days? Is that how long it's been? I can't remember...."

He smiles. "Does your chest still hurt? I fixed you up as best I could."

"Yes it hurts but.. I-I don't know what happened. I can't remember." Panic began to settle in again. Your eyes started to water and your voice cracked. The butler looked at you for a moment. He looked surprised.

His face softened. "Putting all of that aside, we should get you ready for today. We wouldn't want you to miss breakfast with the young master now would we?"

You look up at the tall man and you shake your head. He helps you change into a beautiful (F/C) dress and matching gloves.

"Excuse me but what happened to my dress I was wearing?"

"It's torn beyond repair. We had to get rid of it. My master has told me that you can keep any dresses you like here."

"Oh. That's very.. kind of him."

Time-skip to breakfast

As you walked through the endless halls you began to worry. It wasn't uncommon for noblemen to be creeps so you braced yourself for what this man would be like.

Sebastian showed you to the outside dining area for breakfast. When you got there you were greeted by a boy who was about your age.

'This can't be the earl! He's so-so handsome! This is a delightful surprise'

"Good morning miss! I am the Earl of Phantomhive. The owner of this estate." He said with a small smile before sitting back in his chair. You hadn't realized you were staring until you saw confusion sweep across his face.

"Oh. Right. I'm sorry for staring! I just didn't expect someone like you," you began to blush slightly and he tilted his head to one side. Confused by what was said. "I-I didn't mean it in a bad way! It's just that I assumed you would be a weird, old man!" When the words escaped your mouth you immediately regretted it. He looked at you, taken aback.

'Dammit! I'm not helping myself any.' Your face turned cherry red from embarrassment. 'He probably hates me now.' Just as you thought that the Earl began to laugh.

Ciel's POV

When I first saw this girl she was unconscious. Even then she looked beautiful but now that she was cleaned up and in proper clothes she was stunning.

'Oh what am I saying?! I'm already betrothed! I can't allow myself to think about such things!'

After I introduced myself to her she just kept staring, maybe I did something wrong...?

She tired explaining herself to me and all I could do was laugh at the girl's struggle to find the right words. I think my laugh calmed her a bit because her voice relaxed some and her face wasn't nearly as red. We started to eat the breakfast Sebastian made us.

"So miss, you never told me your name." At this sentence she flinched. I wonder why.

"Well I... I don't remember what my name is..." the lady's beautiful face became sad again.

"Oh.. I see.."