Chapter 3

Ciel's POV

How could she not know her own name?

Flashback
Finny brought her to the manor a couple days ago and explained what happened to her Sebastian seemed to scowl a bit. He usually doesn't get very angry but for some reason he was livid.

"Sebastian."

"Yes my Lord?"

"She's filthy. Clean her up and take her to one of the bedrooms."

He bows to Ciel. "As you wish young master." Sebastian takes the girl from Finny and goes about following his Lord's orders.

End of flashback

Ciel turns to the door of his study when he hears a knock.

"Come in." Sebastian stands in the doorway. He brought along a cart that carries a slice of apple pie and tea.

"Sebastian.. why were you so angry a couple days ago?"

"Whatever do you mean my Lord?" The butler smirks at Ciel.

"Don't lie to me. I saw your face when Finny was talking about the girl. What about the story made you upset?"

Sebastian sighs. "Based on the story the girl was obviously attacked by a demon. Finny said the attacker was a maid and that she spoke to the girl as if she knew her." He begins to trail off.

A slight shock of realization hit Ciel. "The demon must of had a deal with her but attacked her before all of the terms were met. I thought that demons couldn't break their contracts! Why did she?"

Sebastian filled Ciel's cup with more tea as they were talking. "Most demons respect the contracts they make while others only want to consume the soul. This demon must have found a loophole in their deal."

"Despicable."

"There's something else my Lord."

"Oh?"

"Before breakfast this morning I went to check on the girl. She was staring at herself in confusion and even said something was off about her image. She doesn't even remember the attack that happened 2 days ago."

"What are you trying to say?" Ciel scoffs.

"When demons consume souls we also consume memories. I think the demon took part of the young lady's memories before Finny intervened."

"That would explain why she can't even remember her own name. At any rate we should try to help her regain those lost memories."

"Yes, master." And with that Sebastian left Ciel to his thoughts.

'How do we even retrieve stolen memories?' He thought to himself. 'I guess we could always go into town and see if anyone recognizes her.'

"What a bother."