Chapter 10

??? POV

'Damn. Every time I try to kill that brat, someone interferes. First the boy, then she was always around the demon, and then that gun slinging wretch, and now she's found another demon that protects her?!'

Meyrin's POV

I fought as hard as I could to keep that woman away from ____ but I was caught off guard and then she stabbed me with a piece of broken glass from a window I shot while trying to kill her. I've been searching for ____ but I can't find her. I need help. Lady Elizabeth's house isn't too far away from here. I'm going to have to notify the young master of what happened before I lose consciousness. I pulled myself onto our parked carriage and hurried to the Midford estate.

Y/N's POV

So this young boy is an Earl too.

'Just like Ciel.' A blush came to your cheeks. Even though you were upset with Ciel at the moment, you couldn't help but find comfort when you thought about him.

"Um sorry but I need to find my friend first. I think she may be hurt."

"Okay we'll help you look for her. What does she look like?" The boy have you a charming smile and you told him what Meyrin looks like.

After half an hour of searching all you could find was a puddle of blood and Meyrin's broken glasses. Someone may have carried to a morgue while you were hiding.

Tears came to your eyes "She might be dead because she tried to protect me!" You wailed out. Lord Trancy came to your side.

"It's going to be alright. We'll figure out something but for now let's get you inside." You fell to your knees and looked down at the blood on the ground. Memories started to pour into your mind.

Flashback

You were standing over a young girl about your age who was in a pool of her own blood. You bent down to look at her. Her hair was matted with dried blood and her right eye was gone. Even though you weren't quite sure who she was she bore a striking resemblance to you. Her eyes were a slightly different shade of (e/c) than yours but that was the only difference.

You backed away from her lifeless body and hit something. When you turned around you saw those bright purple eyes gazing back at you.

"You're my next meal, my dear Lady ____." You screamed and ran away.

End of flashback

Y/N's POV

You woke up in a bed. The bed was fluffy and the sheets were white. You looked around the room and found the Earl you met earlier sitting at the side of your bed.

"Looks like you're finally awake!" He had a handsome smile.

"I'm sorry I don't know how I got here." I said quietly.

"Oh well that's easy. You saw the pool of blood and then you started shaking and crying. After that you passed out so we brought you back to my manor. You've only been out for about an hour.  Now we're here in my bedroom." He opened his arms and motioned to the room. You felt a blush rise to your face.

"You-you're bedroom?"

"Yes," he smirked at you. "Is there a problem with that, beautiful?"

"Oh um no- none at all." You hid your face under the blankets a bit to hid your embarrassingly red face.

"Come now, there's no reason to hide." He pulled the blankets from your hands. He inches closer to you and you froze, unsure of what to do.

He licked the shell of your ear. "You can stay here as long as you'd like." He whispered seductively.

"Well um I... I actually have to go." He frowned at you.

"Why." He sounded a bit angry.

"It's just that I need to get back to the manor before starts to worry."

Alois doesn't say anything to you. He turns to the door and yells for Claude. Within moments the tall butler is standing in the doorway.

"Yes, your highness?" Claude spoke in a monotone, almost irritated way.

"Prepare the carriage. Our lovely guest needs to go somewhere." He then turned his attention to you again. "Which manor are you going to, if I might be so blunt?"

"Oh right. I'm heading to the Phantomhive manor. Do you know it?" Alois's eyebrow twitched when he heard that.

"Yes. Yes I do know it." His features became dark and scary.

Ciel's POV

Lizzie forced me to dance for most of the party even though I was tired. Sebastian finally got Lizzie's attention when she tried to force me back to the dance floor.

"Lady Elizabeth, my Lord is quite tired. Might you dance with someone else while he regains his breath?" He gave her a fake smile.

Lizzie sighs. "Alright Sebastian. Will do." Elizabeth walks off a little disappointed.

"Thank you Sebastian." I breathed a sigh of relief and glanced up at him and he was glaring back down at me. "Alright. I've kept quiet for long enough. What the devil are those looks about?" I spoke through my teeth.

"Oh it's nothing." He squinted his eyes further.

"Tell me what it's about. That's. An. Order."

"...it took two full days and everyone's help in the manor to get Lady ____'s spirits up after her break down at dinner. Just when she was ready the talk to you again you ruined it by coming to this party that you hate with a girl you despise." Sebastian informed me in a monotone voice, however, he was gritting his teeth the whole time.

"I-I don't despise Lizzie. And besides what's it to you what I do?" I don't think that was the proper way to respond because his eyes flashed red. Sebastian was starting to frighten me a little. Before either of us could say one more word the manor doors flew open. Meyrin was standing there and she had a large gash in her side.

"Where is the Earl Phantomhive?!" She yelled out and I ran to her as Sebastian ran up to steady her.

"Meyrin what happened?" I tried to stay as calm as I could but my mind was going a mile a minute.

"Young Master it's Lady ____! We went into town after you left to clear her head and a woman attacked her. I tried to save her but I don't know where she is or what has happened to her!" Meyrin started crying. Sebastian's eyes widened at her story and my heart dropped out of my chest.

"We have to find her, now!" Sebastian carried Meyrin to the carriage and we were on our way to the manor. We had to fix up Meyrin before we could find ____.

'She's missing because of me. It's all my fault!'