3

Y/n's pov
I do my usual routine but today is the finals for basketball it's west side( us) vs north side, biggest game of the season. I went to wake up shanti but dj spent the night last night so not the moves.
30 mins later
I was facing the sink washing the dishes before we went to school and heard her door open
"Finally are you ready imma bout to leave" I say without looking at her
She looked at me with her lying face and said " I don't feel good so imma stay home wit dj but I'll be at your game today." I roll my eyes and walk about and say "mhm k bye love you"
Shantis pov
I know deep down she knew I wasn't sick and I hate lyin to her ass but dev and his friends finna be here inna bout 45 minutes so yeahhhhhh, they landed they're checking into there hotel and then heading here.

Devins pov
Idk why tf I'm nervous I mean she's family that she's changed a lot, anyways I'm happy all my friends here.

Y/n pov
I walk into the gym with my headphones in. Coach is lettin me practice all day since I'm kinda his star player igggg but yeah. As I make my way down to east I bump into Cala.
"Ohhh look who it is the girl who gets beat up by her boyfriend, which I fucked last week btw" Cala says and laughs.
Idk if she knows by now but most of the people at this school learned not to fuck with me so as she walks away I push her body against the wall (NOT IN A SEXUAL WAY I REPEAT NOT IN A SEXUAL WAY) and put my hand over thought and push super hard and whisper
" you're gonna learn real quick not to fuck with me, tell me again and me and shantis ass will be on you." I felt her swallow hard and let go and she walked away holding her throat.
I walk into the gym and take off my sweatshirt and leggings and I'm wearing spandex and a sports bra and coach walks out.
Coach has always been like the father I've never had since they passed. Me wearing what I'm wearing reveals all the bruises and cuts I have, I still have a black eye and busted lip but we're both used to it by now.
"I'm gonna go teach my class in the gym next door, need anything come in there. Don't work to hard and save energy and he throws a basketball my way"
"Ight thanks coach" I smile lightly.
I'm just shooting around when I hear the door open and arms wrap around my waist. I exhale and put on that amazing fake smile and turn around.
"Hey baby wanna hang out after school?" Keshawn says while kissing my neck
" you remember finals are today right, biggest game of the season?"
He stops looks and me and pushes me to the ground and kicks me in the stomach a few times and yells
"BITCH WHEN ARE YOU GONNA LEARN TO MAKE TIME FOR ME"
He storms out just leaving me laying there groaning in pain in the middle of the gym floor, I start to cough and cough up blood. I quickly wipe it up and go back to shooting around.

Shantis pov
I heard a few knocks on the door and run to open it and see Devin and a few of his friends. I hug him and he just hugs back and it felt amazing so gave my big 'brother' back home.
We all sit down, catch up and shit and then I explain the plan to them.
"Okay so finals are tonight, y/n had been working her ass off so I'm pretty sure West's gonna win, we get you in the game and at the end you go down there to congratulate her."
"Ight betttt" devin says while kinda shaking nervously
"Aye calm down lil boy, she needs you right now."
I look at that joey kid one more time and figure out he's like the innocent, boy version of y/n. Why can she get with a guy like him instead of getting her ass beat for not want to fuck every two seconds.
"WHAT?!?" Devin looks pissed and stands up
"Oh fuck I said that out loud" I say very nervously.
"WHO TF IS SHE DATING THAT HITS HER?!" He says flipping tf out
"Dev I'll tell you but you gotta calm down cause the name enough finna be a lot to take in and imma tell you this now. Y/n has bruises all over her body and has a back eye and busted lip okay? She's tried to break up with him for 6 months now but he pulled out a gun so she couldn't." I say looking at the ground
"WHO IS IT?!?" Dev screams
"Aye man, listen I love you but please don't do anything cause I'm the end she's the one who finna get hurt" dj said while grabbing my shoulder.
"Keshawn" I whisper
He said "what" cause he couldn't hear me
"KESHAWN" I say a lot louder
"Yes Keshawn like your old bestfriend Keshawn." Dev just stands up and walks up to me and hugs me.

Y/n's pov
I hate the fact that I look like this but I can't help it. I'm just gonna keep playing sports to get my mind off of it.

(A/n sorry this is so long and boring and joeys like barely in it rn but I promise after like this next chapter hella shit goes downnn)