Encounter

(Kaminari's POV)

It's the weekend so Jirou and I decided to go out and shop and stuff. We had just finished lunch and were walking around the outdoor shopping district.

The ground rumbles, followed by an explosion.

I quickly grab Jirou and pull her into my chest, trying to cover both of us. There was a small shockwave that pushed us back slightly.

The smoke clears. It looks like the side of a building had collapsed.

"Wait, look!" Jirou points.

There was a figure in the middle of rubble and debri. I squint, trying to get a better look. It was that same villain from the attack on the training camp and the attack at school. The muscle villain. He had muscles and veins literally bulging from his skin. He also had a huge bag, probably full of stolen items.

Jirou and I are both thinking the same thing. We nod and stealthily run toward the villain, quickly ducking into a corner about a block away.

"Okay, I have a plan." She says.

"How do you have a plan that quickly?" I whisper yell.

"Just listen."

I sigh.

She starts, "So we're gonna have to split up an-"

"What?! I thought strength was in numbers!!"

"Let me finish. I was going to say that someone needs to be in front of him and distract him. The one behind him needs to push him toward the other and the other can hit him directly when he's not expecting." She explains.

"Got it. I'll be in front of him." I nod.

"Alright. Let's go." She starts turning to leave.

I stop her."W-wait!"

"Denki, we don't have much t-"

I pull her back into a kiss, holding her, tightly. She pulls away.

"Please be careful.." She breathes.

I nod. "Time to be heroes."

We take off toward the villain. He was still in the middle of the wreck, threatening bystanders and others trying to help.

I confidently jump in front of him, keeping a safe distance.

"Hey, man! You break it, you buy it! Who's gonna clean up this mess?" I shout.

(Jirou's POV)

I quietly positioned myself near the villain at a point where he couldn't see me, but I could still see him and Kaminari.

The villain growls something at Kaminari. Kaminari raises both his hands, then slowly lowers them, pointing at the ground.

This was a signal. I plug my earphone jacks into the devices on my fists and press them against the ground.

The villain argues with Kaminari some more, until Kaminari says loud and clear,

"NOW!!'

I release a sonic boom, tearing apart the already damaged concrete. The concrete pushes up and sends the villain flying toward Kaminari.

Kaminari uses all of his power and energy. A dome of electricity flashes into the air.

It was strong, it got close, wait, uh oh...too close.

(Kaminari's POV)

I let out every ounce of electricity I could harness. Everything got blurry...dizzy... tingly...owww.

I eventually snap out of being voltage high and try to focus my vision again and catch my breath

I see the muscle villain passed out in front of me. I rest my hands on my knees.

"W-we did it, Kyouka! Your plan, it wor-" I turn around to see Kyouka on the ground,

"Crap!!" I rush toward her.

She was unconscious. I try shaking her shoulder.

"C'mon, C'mon! Get up! For me! Please!"

Nothing. Then I noticed. Small bolts of electricity were emanating from her body.

This was my fault.

I panic and pick her up as if she's weightless. Luckily there were first responders already around searching for people in the wreckage.

"Hey! Help!"

With that, a group of paramedics hurried over, seeing the almost motionless body in my arms.

They load her into an ambulance. I was allowed to come with them. One of them had asked me how she got knocked out. I explained that she was electrocuted, not saying how though.

They tell me that she should be fine. She just might have some superficial burns however.

I felt guilty. I'm so stupid! How can I  ever be a hero if I can't fully control my abilities? A hero's job is to protect people. I was trying to do that, but ended up hurting Jirou as well.

I'm so sorry, Kyouka. Please be okay. I don't know what I would ever do without you.