Catching Up

(A/N sort of long chapter so buckle your seatbelts)

(Kaminari's POV)

My mom picks me up and drives me home. I really wanted to see my friends again, but they were still in school, so It's probably better to stop by home first. My injuries had mostly healed. They only left scars.

My mom parked the car and I jumped out and ran to the front door to ring the doorbell.

My dad opens it. I just stand there and smile at him. Without a word, he smothers me in a tight bear hug. He finally lets go and calls for my brother.

"Jaryan! Get over here!" He called, as if he was in trouble.

"Whaaaat?" My brother whined as he made his way over.

Eventually, he noticed me standing in the doorway and his mood immediately changed.

"Ani!!" He jumps up and full on sprints at me.

"Woah, woah!" I pick him up and spin him around.

"You sleeped too long!" He sounded angry at me. I guess he thought I was just asleep, and I didn't want to wake up. 

"Sorry. I must've been realllly tired." I say.

"Don't do that again!" He pouts, folding his arms.

"Alright, alright. I won't. Promise."

He smiles again and jumps down before running off to the kitchen.

"Come 'ere!" He shouts.

I follow him and see a big sheet of paper sprawled across the dining table.

Jaryan holds it up. It's as big as him.

"I made this. For you!" He says, fumbling around with the poster.

He turns it to face me. It was a huge drawing of me in my hero costume and an explosion in the background. Across the top, there were black outlined yellow letters that read, "CHARGEBOLT!!" The exclamation marks looked like lightning bolts.

I laugh. "Dude, that is awesome!"

"Mom helped me draw it, but I colored it and wrote the words." He explains.

"You did such a great job! I love it! Thanks, otouto!" I say and ruffle his hair. He hands it to me.

"Ya know," I snap my fingers. "I have the perfect place to put this."

"Really? Where?" He tilts his head.

"Come on, I'll show you."

I walk over to my room and open the door. It looked exactly how I left it. There was an empty space on the wall next to my closet door. I grab a roll of tale sitting on my desk. It was some of Sero's tape. His tape is super strong and people constantly ask him for some, so he just made each of us individual rolls to use.

I fold and stick the tape onto the back of the paper and press it against the wall.

"There. Picture-perfect!" I step aside to let him see.

"Yeah!" He shouts, jumping up and down.

I stayed at home for a while, just talking and spending time with my family. Around three o' clock, my dad dropped me off at school to be reunited with my friends.

I was so excited to see them again. I check into the entrance and run to our dorms with a stupid grin on my face.

Some students were still getting out of classes so the walkways were sort of packed. It didn't matter. I sprinted right past and through the crowd.