Lie

(Caught in a liiiiiiiiee- I'm sorry-)

(Kaminari's POV)

So recently, there have been a bunch of random attacks near our area. The school specifically told us not to get involved, but Bakugou, Kirishima, Midoriya, Shoji and I have been secretly investigating these attacks. We sneak out late at night and go see if we can catch one in action. We did once. We helped stop it, but we we wearing things to cover our faces so no one reports it to the school.

And so far, no body has a clue.

We found out that the suspects only attacked late at night. They jumped people on the streets and broke into places. I've even seen on the news that they've kidnapped people.

Of course we're trying to stop this.

Midoriya told us that the police won't let All Might or any other of the top pros get involved because then it would draw more attention and cause more problems.

So I'd usually sleep in Kyouka's room or she'd sleep in mine, but I lied and told her I was sick and I didn't want to get her sick too.

I wasn't at first, but after going out late at night all these times, I think I might actually have a cold.

I'm usually not one to do things like this, but one of the victims was my little brother's best friend and his family. That made me think that that could happend to my family and I couldn't just sit there and hope for the best.

And I wasn't completely useless when we stopped that break in. Although, I did lose my phone during it. Sigh. Some of them were hesitant when I asked to tag along. I only found out what they were doing because Kirishima wrote down one of their plans and left it out on his desk.

I know..I just know we'll catch these guys soon. We're so close. I can feel it.

But man. If anyone found out about this, we'd be dead; suspended or even expelled. I'm a terrible liar but I've been able to keep my mouth shut long enough.

I think Kyouka might be on to me, though. I think she knows I'm lying but doesn't know why.

We talked the other day.

"Hey, Jirou." I was passing her in the hall.

"What did you call me?" She looked at me.

"Oh, uh, sorry, I meant, "Hey, Kyouka."  I say, "So watcha up to?"

"I just came from Tsu's room. She needed help with something. What are you up to?"

I laugh awkwardly.

"Uh, just working on a little project with the guys, you know...not much." I said this because I felt like I wasn't completely lying to her this way.

"Okay..are you still sick?"

"Yes! Um, yeah, I-I'm still sick I think it's a cold or something like that but I think I'll get better soon hopefully I don't know- anyways gotta go love you bye!" I ran off to my room.

I don't know how much longer I can keep this lying thing up, but if I blow it for us, Bakugou's gonna kill me for sure.

(Jirou's POV)

Denki's been acting weird again. It's like he wants more space or something. I don't see him a lot after school.

I have a feeling that he's up to something, but I trust that he's not doing anything stupid. He would know better.

When I was hanging out with the other girls, I guess they thought Denki and I had a problem or something because we weren't really hanging out after school.

"Hey, Kyouka-chan, what's up with you and Kaminari?" Mina asked.

"What's up? Nothing's up..." I said, "Why would you think something's up?"

"Oh, I don't know...I just don't see you two together so much anymore." She said.

I shrug and shake my head.

"I might as well know as much as you do."

"I don't think it's just Kaminari." Ochaco joins in.

We both looked towards her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Deku's been acting weird, too. I don't see him that much after class and whenever I ask him about it he gets all nervous." She explained.

"That is weird." Mina said.

"Maybe they're hiding something." Ochaco added.

I haven't really thought about it, though.

If they were hiding something, what would it be?

I don't want to be that "over attached/over protective girlfriend" so I just leave it be.

One night, Tsu, Ochaco and I went to the grocery store that was open twenty-four hours because we ran out of things to eat for breakfast and it was our turn to do the shopping.

When we were coming back I found a phone on the ground that I thought was familiar.

I picked it up and it was Denki's phone.

What the heck is his phone doing all the way over here in this neighborhood?

It wasn't dead or broken, but it had a few cracks on the screen.

I brought it back to the dorms to give it to him.

"Hey, Denki, I found your phone outside.."

"Oh! Cool, thanks, w-where'd you find it?"

"On the sidewalk by that small neighborhood on the corner."

"What? What were you doing there? And this late?"

"Geez calm down. We were just buying groceries."

"You shouldn't be out this late. I-it's not...safe."

(Kaminari's POV)

Kyouka found my phone. I tried finding fingerprints or something on it but there were none besides mine and Kyouka's on the sides.

My lockscreen had my name on it. And my wallpaper was a picture of our class.

I hope no one found it before Kyouka did. It was missing for a few days, and to find it just laying on the sidewalk? Something doesn't add up. 

We went out again. It was quiter tonight. We checked many places, but there were no sign of the suspects.

It eventually got too late at night and we headed back to the dorms after one last check.

Something is still bothering me. But what?