Mosquito

(Sort of filler chapter here, sorry~!)

(Kaminari's POV)

After what happened at school the other day, I couldn't think straight. I wonder if they ever caught the actual traitor. It obviously wasn't anyone in class 1-A or 1-B, but who else would sabotage the training camp?

I tried not to let it bother me so much. After school I would hang out with our small group of friends for as long as possible. At night, I've been having trouble sleeping. Even if I was tired, the unsettling thoughts would cloud the back of my head. I just wanted it all to go away.

Almost every night, I would sleep in Kyouka's room or she would sleep in mine. Even besides her, I still couldn't get a good night's rest. I had became paranoid. I told myself I wouldn't let it get to me, but it's easier said than done.

Some nights, Kyouka and I would....uhhh....make out...

I know we've been together for more than a year now, but I still feel weird saying things like that. Still, it always did cheer me up a little. I haven't talked to her about what's been bothering me, but I know she suspects something. If I'm ever sad, angry,  or upset about anything, Kyouka always finds out, but maybe that's because I'm a terrible liar. Same goes for her, though. I can always tell when something's up.

Today at lunch, I was sitting with Kyouka, Kirishima, Bakugou, Sero and Ashido. I was eating, but I must've spaced out and hadn't realized.

"Kaminari? Bro."

"Huh?" I snap back to reality.

"You good?" Sero asks. While I spaced out I was staring directly at him..oops.

"Oh, uh, yeah. S-sorry." I say.

"Dude, what is wrong with you?" Bakugou asks.

"Hey! That's not nice." Kirishima adds.

"There's nothing wrong." I lie. "I just...didn't get enough sleep."

"And why's that?" Ashido says.

I shrug. "I dunno. I just can't fall asleep even if I try."

"Suuure.." Ashido smirks.

"Wha-" I sigh. Just let it go, man.

Kyouka didn't really say anything to me during lunch, which was weird. I hope she's not upset or anything.

(Jirou's POV)

After class, I went straight to my room and fell asleep for about an hour. When I woke up, I found the rest of the girls gathered in the common area so I decided to join them.

"Kyouka-chan!" Tooru exclaims as she sees me approaching.

"Hey. What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing much. We're just trying to help Ochaco-san with a little problem." Mina winks.

Ochaco groans. "It's not like that! At least I don't think so..."

"Wait! Kyouka!" Mina exclaims.

"Wha-"

"Is that a hickey?!?!" She yells, pointing toward my shoulder.

"What?! No!" I pull my sleeve up to cover it. "I-it's just a...mosquito bite.."

Mina giggles. Just then, Kaminari walks past us towards the kitchen.

"Hey, how's it going, mosquito?"

He gives us a confused look before walking off.

"MINA! I swear to god-" I nearly tackle her.

"Alright, enough, you two." Momo intervenes. "Now, where were we?"

Tsu starts, "Ochaco was just saying that Midoriya and Bak-"

"Shush, shush, shush! Not so loud!" Ochaco scolds.

"Wait, what?" I ask.

"Ochaco has a boy problem." Momo quickly says.

(I'm sorry if you don't ship one or the other or either but this is just a side plot dont worry)

Ochaco sighs. "I think I kind of have feelings for Deku, but Bakugou..." She pauses.

"What about Bakugou?" Mina and I ask at the same time. We both knew that Bakugou had something going on with Kiri, whether they actually like each other or if it's just some kind of bro-mance thing.

"Yeah, what about me?" We hear Bakugou's voice as he closes a door.

"Nothing!" We all shout.

"Tsk. Whatever, weirdos." He rolls his eyes and leaves the dorms.

"Can we not do this right now?" Ochaco asks.

"Too late! You brought it up and you know we're not going to leave you alone so.." Mina shrugs.

"Kay, then if you won't leave me alone, I just won't say anything!" Ochaco crosses her arms.

"....."

"Hiding your problems isnt gonna solve anythiiiiiing." Mina says.

They try to get her to talk, but she held up pretty well. Eventually we left her alone, told her she could come talk to us if she wanted to.

(Kaminari's POV)

"Hey, guys, what's it mean when a girl calls you a mosquito?" I ask Kirishima, Bakugou and Sero.

We were hanging out in Kiri's room. Bakugou was beating the punching bag and Sero and Kiri were just sitting on the floor on Kirishima's laptop.

"Mosquito?" Sero says.

"Yeah.."

"The hell if I know." Bakugou kicks the punching bag.

"Why're you asking?" Kirishima adds.

I sat down next to them.

"Well, I walked past the girls in the common area a while ago and when I walked by,  Ashido said, "How's it going mosquito?" and then for some reason, Jirou got mad at her."

"I dunno, man. Girls are complicated." Sero shrugs.

"Yeah...I'd need context or something." Kirishima says.

"Oi, why don't you just ask her? Jirou's your girl, right?" Bakugou points out.

"Oh, why didn't I think of that? Yeah, I guess I'll do that. Thanks, guys." I nod.

"Well what're you waiting for? Get outta here." Geez. Bakugou is so harsh.

I walk back to the common area, but the girls had left. Kyouka's probably in her room.

I knock on the door. It props open enough for me to see her right eye.

"Oh." She opens the door all the way. "Hey."

"Hey, Kyouka." I say.

"Hi, what's up?"

"Uh, I just have one question." I snap and point a finger.

"Kay, what is it?"

"Why did Mina call me a mosquito?"

"Uh-" She tenses up, then sighs. She grabs me by the wrist, pulls me into her room and shuts the door.

"Remember this?" She pulls her shirt sleeve down a bit revealing a reddish mark.

"What does that have to do with this?" I ask.

"Mina saw it." She says.  My face heats up.

"She knew it was a hickey, but I lied and tried to say it was a mosquito bite."

I felt really embarrassed for myself and for Kyouka.

"Sorry~" I look down.

"I-it's fine...it's whatever." She shrugs. I could tell she felt awkward, too.

"I won't..." I clear my throat. "I won't take it...too far next time.."

A tint of red brushes over her cheeks.

"Next time." She says softly.