Bakusquad

(Kaminari's POV)

It was a typical Saturday afternoon, except Jirou wasn't here because she had to help her parents with something at home. I decide to see what Bakugou and them were doing.

I walk down the hall and hear noises coming from Bakugou's room. I open the door. Bakugou, Kirishima, Mina and Sero were playing Mario Kart on the Switch. They just finished a race.

"Aw man..why do I have to use a joycon?" Sero says.

"Cause you lost. Losers don't get to pick controllers." Bakugou rolls his eyes.

"Hey guys!" I say. They all turn toward me.

"Well look who finally decided to show up!" Kirishima throws his hands in the air.

Bakugou shoves a wired controller at my chest.

"C'mon. We're just about to start another round."

I smile and sit next to Sero on the floor.

"Damn it! Throw another red shell and I'll kill you!!" Bakugou growls as we finish the second lap. He was pissed. Mostly because he was in first place, but got hit by two red shells in a row and fell off the track which knocked him down to eighth place. I, myself, was in second. Kirishima was in first, Ashido was in fifth and Sero was in fourth. The rest were all CPUs.

At the final lap, Kirishima got hit by a blue shell and I was able to take the lead.

Bakugou tosses his controller aside.
"You come back to play with us just to beat us?"

"I just got lucky." I insist.

"Sure you did. You definitely haven't been practicing." Sero teases.

"What are you talking about?" I say.

"You've been playing Mario Kart with Jirou." He says.

"And?" I raise my eyebrows.

No one says anything.

"Ohhh. I get it." I sigh. "You guys are seriously jealous?"

"Pffft. No." Kirishima waves his hand.

Mina starts, "You've just uhhh, you've been..."

"You've been neglecting us." Bakugou says without batting an eye.

"What do you mean? I still hang out with you guys! You guys are my best friends!" I argue.

"You don't hang out with us as much as you used to." Sero crosses his arms.

"Well, yeah. I mean, you guys know why though."

"Just let him be, guys." Ashido says. "You're still our friend, Kaminari. Right guys?"

"Yeaaah." Sero and Kirishima sigh.

"Mm." Was all Bakugou said.

For the first time in forever, I actually felt uncomfortable around them. This isn't normal. These guys are like a second family to me. So, why do I feel like this? They're making it seem like i'm doing something wrong, yet they won't tell me what. All of a sudden, I felt distant from my bestest friends in the whole world.

"Great. You just made things awkward." Bakugou says and leaves the room followed by Kirishima.

I get up and leave, too, shutting the door behind me. I walk back to my room. As i'm walking I throw my hands over my face and groan.

"What's that all about?" A voice asks from behind.

I spin my head around to see Jirou.

"Oh, hey. You're back." I say.

"Yeah, we finished early. Anyways, what happened?"

"I honestly don't know. I'm so confused." I admit.

I glance at the clock on the wall. It was about two thirty PM.

"Oh, wait, aren't we supposed to practice for the cultural festival at three?" I ask.

[A/N Don't worry, no major spoilers]

"Shoot. You're right, we should get going."

We make our way to Jirou's room and haul some instruments over to our practice space.

Crap. Bakugou is our drummer. I hope he's not angry with me.

I was walking down the hall with my arms full. I was carrying parts of the drum set and...I trip. The various parts and pieces came crashing down. I look around to see if anyone saw and what do you know, everyone did.

It was silent besides a cymbal spinning and then clattering flat on the floor.

"The hell, man!! That drum kit costs more than your life!" Bakugou shoots.

"Sorry! It was an accident!" I mumble and go to pick up the parts. Luckily, nothing broke. I rush over to our practice room and set everything down. I sigh.

"What's up with you? Are you okay? You seem...scared...?" Jirou says as she sets down a music stand.

"I'm fine..it's just....I think Bakugou and them are mad at me." I say.

"Dude, it's just a drum kit, why would they be mad about that?"

"That's not what i'm talking about." I reply.

"Then what are you talking about?"

I turn my head away. I didn't want to tell her what we were specifically talking about, cause then it'll make things awkward again, so I don't know what to tell her.

"Silence isn't an answer." She says, crossing her arms.

I shake my head and sigh. "I think they were upset because I dont hangout with them as much anymore."

This time she didn't say anything.

After a minute or so, she says,"Well, you choose how to spend your time. It's your decision. If you feel like you're leaving them out, you can hangout with them. No one's making you do anything, so I guess they need to see that." Kyouka shrugs.

I'm quiet for most of rehearsal. I felt uncomfortable standing next to Bakugou.

I just have to suck it up and move on.