Tragedy

(Kaminari's POV) 

We just got out from school and Midoriya, Uraraka, Jirou and I decided to go hangout at the park and stuff.  Everyone else went back to the dorms. It was a nice day outside, the sky was clear besides a few clouds, the sun was shining, but not too much, and there was a nice breeze wherever you went.

I'm not sure if Midoriya and Uraraka are dating so I didn't mention it. It's pretty obvious they're both interested in eachother, though. I mean, Midoriya's face is a tomato right now.

There were so many times I cringed watching Midoriya interact with Uraraka. Like, when Uraraka went to hug him and he just gave her one of those side-arm bro hugs! Come on, man! What are you doing? Even I know better than that!

Ah, anyways, we got to the park and sat down in an empty-grassy area. We sat and talked for a while. After that we did our homework.

We eventually finished our work and sat and talked some more. I was laying on my back, gazing at the sky.

"Hey."

I glance toward the voice and see Kyouka with something in her hands. I sit up.

"What is it?"

She just smiles and places it on my head. She takes a picture on her phone and shows it to me.

"Aw, haha! Cool!" It was something like a flower crown that she had made. "Send that to me!" I wanted to save the picture and maybe post it.

I couldn't make a nice flower crown thing like she did, so I just quickly scrambled to pick a nice flower and put it behind her ear. I take a picture and show it to her. She smiles, her face tinted red.

Meanwhile, Uraraka and Midoriya were on the swing set on the nearby playground. They looked like they were having fun.

"You ship it too?" Jirou asks, noticing me glance in their direction.

I laugh. "Yeah, I guess so. I mean, just look at them."

We sit there, leaning on eachother, hanging out, just like old times.

"Is it different now?" I ask.

She turns to me. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, we hung out like this before we were dating, so it's not so different." I explain.

"Well our relationship in general is different." She says, "I think we're much closer than we were before."

I nod. "I guess it is different then. Like, I couldn't do this before." I smirk and swiftly lean closer to give her a kiss.

She seemed flustered at the sudden gesture.

"How long did you have feelings for me before you actually told me?" I ask.

She turned to answer, but I was blinded by a brilliant flash of light. All around us, people cried out in surprise. The whole world had become bright white. I felt Kyouka grip one of my hands and I felt around trying to find her other one. 

"Kyouka!" I cried.

"Denki!" I could hear her call. 

Just as my fingertips touched hers, a boom of energy slammed my body,  knocking my hand loose from Kyouka's.

I felt myself falling. Then everyone and everything went silent. The white light slowly faded to pitch black. I had passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~

My ears ring, but muffled screams and yells are audible. I feel myself being...dragged. I squint for my eyes to adjust to the light. What I finally see, can never be unseen.

Crumbled buildings and sidewalks. Bodies on the ground. Smoke and fire. Everything was still a bit blurry as my eyes watered. I realize there was a sharp pain in my left leg. I look down. It was bleeding. Not only that, it was stabbed by a piece of debri. The sight of the blood made my eyes slightly roll backwards. I finally turn my head up and around to see what was dragging me. It was Jirou.

"Kaminari? If you're alive, please say something, anything!" I could hear the fear in her trembling voice.

"K-Kyouka.." I mumble.

We stop moving and she leans me against a curb. She kneels down beside me.

"Can you stand?" She asks,  "Or is your leg..."

"I don't think I can. I can't feel my leg." I cough.

I look her up and down. She was injured too. Her hands were scraped and colored red. There were several cuts on her face, arms and legs.

She starts to stand up, but I grab her wrist.

"Kyouka, w-we can't..."

She holds my face in her hands.

"We're going to be okay. I'm going to get us out of here."

(Jirou's POV)

I start to pick up Denki again, but pause when I see his back. My heart stops. He was already bad enough as it is, but I hadn't even realized....there was a piece of metal sticking out from the side of his back. It was bleeding an awful lot.

I look around for help, but I didn't see any paramedics or first responders. I took the risk of moving him and tried to carry him on my back.

He starts to say, "Jirou, please...I...I-"

"Just hold on! Just a little bit longer, I promise!" His head falls onto my shoulder as he grasps my hand. I could feel his chest slowly falling and rising. I was starting to get even more worried. He needed help. Fast.

I slowly started running, not knowing where I'm going. I felt his hand slowly fall out of mine.

"Denki?!"

There was no answer.

My heart starts racing and my eyes fill with tears. I start running even faster. Adrenaline pumping through my veins, I didn't feel any pain.

"Denki, please! You can't go! Not yet! Please!" There was still no answer as I started getting choked up. The tears rolled down my face.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stopped and sat him back down. My legs and arms were shaking. I wrap my arms around him and hold him tight, sobbing.

I'm not going to let go of you. I refuse to leave you behind. I love you. I need you.