Chapter 5

Gumball's POV:

We sat at our table for a few minutes, awkwardly waiting for someone to bring up an interesting conversation topic. Marshall quietly picks at his French toast and strawberries as I eat my own.

"It's.. Good." Marshall looks at his uneaten French toast. "Thank you." I look at him and he looks at me. His eyes are a gorgeous golden brown color. I feel like I could stare into them for days, and get lost in the maze of the vampire kings eyes. I catch myself staring and look at my empty plate. "Want to go upstairs?" Marshall asks. "Sure!" I say with a smile.

We stand up and go upstairs, into my bedroom. "Nice bedroom." He compliments."why thank you! Would you like to, sit down?"

"Sure.." He replies. "Can I ask you something?" He asks. Ask me something? What does he want to ask me? "Yes! You can ask me anything!" I reply. Oh no. That was awkward. I shouldn't have said that

Marshall's POV:

"Do you.." Wait. What am I doing? I can't ask him this yet! I'm not ready! I can't ask him if he knows my secret. This is why this all happened in the first place. Trusting people too easily. I need to stop opening up to people anyways. But I'm already half way through this sentence. His face is pleading for me too tell him.

"Did Fionna tell you anything about me? You know, like a rumor, or something. Because she's been telling people my secret.

Oh no. What did I do? I didn't say it was a rumor, I said it was a secret. Crap. I feel myself blushing.

"Um.." Gumball looks at his feet. "That your gay?"