Chapter 11

It's been two weeks since I last saw marshall. Since the kiss. Since the candy people could no longer look me in the eyes. Because I'm gay?

I'm laying on my bed wrapped up in a blanket. Why don't the candy people exept me for who I am?

"Peppermint maid!" I yell to try to bring her to my room. We haven't talked for a while, since I've always been locking myself in my bedroom.

She comes to the door. "Hi." She says "hey peppermint maid." I reply. She looks at me expectantly. "I just kinda wanted to talk."

"Okay. I'm not usually the one you come to for advice" she climbs on the bed and sits next to me.

"So you heard?" I ask her. She nods. "hasn't everyone?" Peppermint maid responds. "what do I do? Marshall and I haven't talked for two weeks. I have no idea what to do."

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you want me to say."

"I need help."

" what kind of help?"

"I don't know! I need help getting over this!"

"The candy people just wish you had trusted us and told us."

"Peppermint maid, don't you know how it feels to hold in a huge secret that people you love will have to judge you? Don't you understand how this feels?"

"Sorry prince but I don't . Maybe you should talk to marshall about it. Since you can tell him everything, but not me." She spits at me.That hurt. It slipped, I hadn't realized I said That. She stands up and leaves, slamming the door behind her.