Chapter 18

It's been 13 days since Marshall died, and I miss him so much it hurts like hell.

But, the day after Marshall died, I remembered something. In my royal position, I have the choice to make deal with death, and bring Marshall back but is that what Marshall would want?

I talked to peppermint maid about it. She knew more than I thought she would. She told me the chant, after much argument.

So, I did the chant. I'm sorry if this isn't what Marshall wants, but.. I.. I need him. I want him back.

So here I stand now, walking towards death. Death himself. His intimate structor towers over me.

"I knew you would come." Death mutters. The chills run down my body." What would you exchange?"

Now here comes the hard part.

"I'll exchange my soul. Wh-when I die, you can have mine." I say, calmly.

Death nods. After a few seconds of thinking he replies."I've been waiting for you. I can't pass up this opportunity. And I know you, I can see the future and if I took you now, well, let's just say that this place would be a bit different. See you soon."

And like that, he's gone. And here I am, standing on a bright field somewhere in ooo. My heart stops when I see the silhouette of Marshall in the setting sun.

"Marshall?" I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear.

And he turns around.

"Gumball?"
----------------------------------------------
And congratulations! You have finished my very first fanfic! Don't forget to vote :) who knows, maybe I'll write a sequel ;) but thanks for reading! xx
You can follow me on Instagram: maemyk and japha.n
Tumblr: black-hole-nirvana
Twitter: maemyk_
Thanks again :)