Chapter 8

Gumballs POV:

It's raining. Hard. I can hear it. Banging and pounding on the roof, a constant reminder of the hurt I feel in the back of my throat.

He's still out there. I'm need to get the guts to open the door and return to him. But I can't. I'm not sure why he ran out so quickly. Is it because I told her m I was gay too? I don't even know how it slipped out. I just said it and he ran out. I want him to know though. I want to be with him.

He's getting farther away.

I open the door and run out in the rain and leave the door wide open. I hear peppermint maid yelling for me to return and that my coat will get soaked but I really don't care.

My hair is soaked to the point where it hangs over my eyes like a drape, covering my eyes from the cruel world I live in. I wipe it from my eyes and I see marshall. Standing in front of me. How long has he been here?

"Gumball." He clearly states my name over the rain pouring from the gray clouds above us.

"Marshall" I don't think he can hear me but I don't worry about it. "I'm sorry."

"There's no need to be sorry. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left. I was a bit, just, overwhelmed." He stares at his feet, his long black hair hangs over his eyes.

"Me too. Er, yeah. I- I just was also overwhelmed."

We stand in the rain in silence for a few seconds, but it seems like hours. Pictures play back in my mind. The cuts on his wrist. His look of despair when I rolled up his sleeve.

" I'm sorry I rolled up your sleeve. It really was none of my business, I just can't stand to see you like this."

" me neither."

"You neither?"

" I don't like seeing myself like this either. "

Then he walks towards me and flips his gorgeous black hair to the side.

"Gumball, I love you."

And he kisses me.