The adorable kid

"Y/N, are you ready yet?" My friend Lucy yells up the stairs as I still lay in bed.

"No." I groan back.

"Well, hurry up. They should be here any minute." I groan again.

"But, I don't want to get up. Can't I just stay in my room? It's comfortable and I promise I won't make any noise. They won't even know I'm here." The next thing I know, Lucy is yanking the blankets off me. "Hey!"

"Get the fuck up and get ready. You are meeting my work mates and you are going to make a good impression." She says before stomping out of my room.

"Your lucky I don't sleep naked!" I yell after her. That would have been a sight for her to see. I sigh as I get up, quickly chucking on some decent enough clothes, styling my hair and brushing m teeth before making my way down stairs. Lucy is racing back and forth in the kitchen, frantically cleaning every surface area she can find. "Are you alright, Lucy? You're never usually like this with your other work mates. Even when one of them is Johnny Depp." She shrugs, focusing on cleaning the counter.

"Yeah well, these guys are different."

"Different as in, you like one of them? Rami perhaps?" I ask slowly as she stops to look at me.

"How did you know?"

"We've been friends for how long? It's all in the way you talked about him." Just then, a knock sounds at the door. I can hear the guys laughing outside and Lucy starts to panic again. "It's okay Lucy, I'll get the door. You just breathe. I'll call you like I'm letting you know they're here, but take your time in coming out." She nods her head, saying a small thank you before I quickly head to the door.

"Hello guys." I say with a cherry smile as I open the door, and I step aside to let them in. "Lucy, your boyfriends are here!" I shout over my shoulder but I know she won't be coming out for a little longer. I close the door behind them. "Let's see if I have this right. From what Lucy has told me, you're Gwilym... Ben, Joe and Rami?" I ask, pointing to each guy as they nod their head.

"And you're Y/N, right?" Joe asks and I'm only able to nod my head as Lucy comes rushing in, slightly flustered.

"Hey, guys. Sorry about that. I see you've all met my flatmate, Y/N." They nod their heads in unison. It's honestly like those bobble head dolls. I try not to laugh at the image. "Oh, and Y/N, Joe is that adorable kid from the Jurassic Park films you watch." I freeze in my spot as I look at Lucy, giving her my own 'what the fuck' look. The thing is, I already knew he was the adorable kid, and she knew that I knew it too. Darn that girl.

"Adorable kid?" Joe asks.

"It's what Y/N calls you whenever she watches it..."

"Okay!" I interrupt. "That's enough of that. I think we need some drinks."

"That would be great." Ben says, sighing in relief as they all head into the lounge with Lucy.

"Here, let me help you." Joe says, following me into the kitchen. "So, you think I'm adorable, huh?" A blush rises to my cheeks and I try and hide it as I open the fridge. I'm going to kill Lucy later on.

"As a kid, of course you were." I say anyway.

"But I'm still a kid at heart." He says, putting a hand on his chest.

"Aren't we all."

*****************************

It's nearly one in the morning by the time things wrap up and the boys leave the house in high spirits. As Lucy and I clean up, I couldn't help but think about tonight. The guys were great, the dynamic between them all was something better than I've ever seen before. And Rami and Lucy definitely hit it off. I wouldn't be surprised if they started dating soon. But soon, I find my thoughts wondering to a particular person, Joe.

The way he was forced to sit beside me because there was no room anywhere else. The way he got closer and closer to me as the night went on. How he put his arm around the back of my chair when he got close enough. And when we talked, we talked heatedly which almost seemed intimately too. Things just seemed so natural with him.

"So things really went well tonight." I say to Lucy. "Especially with you and Rami." She looks up at me.

"Really? You think so?" She asks in a hopeful tone and I nod at her. "Well, we weren't the only ones then, because you and Joe seemed to really hit it off too."

"What?" I ask, looking at her in shock. Did everyone notice?

"Yeah, you two were completely oblivious to everyone else, it was really cute. Which reminds me, before he left, Joe asked me to give you this." Lucy hands over a folded piece of paper before heading upstairs to her room. I sit down, looking at it curiously before opening it to reveal a phone number and a little message underneath.

I had fun talking to you tonight. I hope we'll be able to do it again soon. Very soon.

- Adorable Jurassic Park kid.