The Interview Part Two

Something really weird has been happening all morning ever since I got into my office to do my work. Whenever one of my female work mates walked past me, they always gave me a thumbs up or a 'good job' or a smile. A lot of people do not smile in this building and yet I've been getting all of the smiles today. Or I would be getting a lot of the glares, primarily from men or Shane's friend, and I would just have to pretend to ignore them all. They must have heard about me taking over Shane's job yesterday. He has always been a drama queen and would complain constantly to anyone who will listen, so I wouldn't be surprised if this time his complaint is about me. 

"Y/N! Y/N!" My friend and work mate Y/F/N bursts in through the door with a weird mixture of excitement and panic written on her face. "You need to go on YouTube and look up that interview you did yesterday.

"Why?" I question, but she just rolls her eyes and snaps impatiently; "Just do it."

Because I feel like she might slap me if I don't, I do what she says and quickly press play on the video. What I see instantly makes my jaw drop and my eyes bug open. The part of the interview where Shane and I are in the argument has been uploaded and has already gotten a few million views, and is trending. No wonder people have been acting weirdly to me this morning. No doubt by the end of the day my boss will see this and I'll definitely be out on my ass and out of a job.

Before I start fully panicking, Y/F/N's voice comes in beside me, saying; "Look at the comments."

Scrolling down, I read;

 -Can this girl give me her confidence? I need to do this with someone I  work with.

-YOU GO GIRL!!! 💕💕💕

-  Just look at the Bohemian Rhapsody cast's faces behind them. I wonder how many bugs they caught in their mouths.

All of these encouraging comments, mainly from other women. I couldn't believe it. But one comment caught my eye.

JoeMazzello; I was there, and she was an absolute bad ass!

Joe commented too, and it was that comment that made me smile the most. No one has ever called me a bad ass before.

"That's not all." Y/F/N says in my ear again, making me jump. I kind of forgot she was there. "The Borhap cast did on interview with Tyler this morning. You need to see it now." As Y/F/N takes over my computer to search for the video, all I can think is 'Shit. that's Shane's friend. This is definitely not good.' He's notorious for his harsh interviews because he never holds any of his opinions or thoughts back. When Y/F/N moved away, I begin to watch the video while nervously playing with with my ring.

"So," Tyler begins, "Before we get we get started, there was something I wanted to ask you guys about with an interview you partook in yesterday. You boys witnessed Miss Y/L/N not only talking back to a man who, I assume, is more superior than her in the work place, but she did this in front of you. Now, on behalf of Shane, I apologize for her actions, after all, it was quite inappropriate, don't you think? Would you like an apology from her?" That bastard is definitely Shane's friend alright.

"Actually, I don't think Y/N needs to apologize at all. I think it's Shane who needs to apologize." Joe said, clearly irritated by Tyler, and the other guys agreed.

"Yeah," Rami starts, "none of us thought it was inappropriate."

"We were actually silently cheering her on." Ben says and the others nod their head in agreement.

"Joe, didn't you have something to say about all of this?" Gwilym turns to look at Joe with a smirk and Joe doesn't hesitate to start speaking over Tyler who definitely doesn't like where this conversation is going. 

"I thought she was brilliant and handled it all very well. The guy was berating her, very much like you are, for something he did wrong and she stuck up for herself. I really admire her for that and I actually want to take her out for a coffee." As soon as he says this, Joe's eyes go wide and a blush covers  his cheeks. He definitely didn't mean to say that.

"Really?" Tyler asks in a monotone voice as if he cannot believe what he is hearing.

"Yeah, it's true." Gwilym speaks up, a massive smile on his face and he looks like he's on the verge of laughing. "He wouldn't stop talking about her after we left the room." And that's when Y/F/N pauses it.

"So, what do you think?"

I think that I am as red as a tomato from all of the complements I've received from just one person over something that I didn't even think twice about doing. But instead, I say; "I think I'll be lucky if I'm not fired by the end of the day. This has blown up to be something much bigger than I thought it would be." Y/F/N scoffs.

"Please. Our boss loves you. You do your work to a much better standard than anyone here, except for me, of course. He absolutely hates Shane. Shane not turning up yesterday was the last straw for him and he was fired. They're going to have a meeting tomorrow about who's going to replace him, and I have a feeling it'll be you. Anyway, that's not what I mean't. I mean't, what did you think of Joe's comments? Do you think you'd want to go on a coffee date with him?" I don't even have to hesitate to answer.

"Yes, actually, I would." Her face immediately brightens.

"Great, because he's here, just outside your office right now."

"W-what?" I stutter and shout in shock. "How long has he been waiting out there for?"

"The whole time I've been in here. Joe, you can come in now." She shouts the last part outside the door and I can't even prepare myself before Joe's happy face comes into the room. "I'll leave you two now." She winks at me as she leaves and I have to resist the urge to flip my middle finger at her. I've got to let Joe believe I have some manners.

"Hello." I say awkwardly.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this. It's just - there was something I wanted to ask you yesterday, but chickened out, but for some reason I could blurt it out in an interview." He takes a breath, stopping himself from the rant. "Did you want to grab a coffee? Now? If you're free?" 

"Let me grab my purse." I reply, unable to stop the giant smile from filling my face. As soon as I turn around, I could see his reflection in the window, doing a small fist pump in celebration.

These last couple of days turned out to be much better than I thought they would.