You forgot something - Part 2 - John Deacon

Oh-my-gosh. This is absolutely amazing. Something I never thought was possible. I'm actually understanding physics right now and it's all thanks to John. We've been studying at my flat for a couple of hours and even though I feel like I'm on a roll, I definitely need a break. And by the look of the yawn John just emitted, so does he.

"Okay, I'm calling it for now," I say, throwing my own pen and book onto the table in front of me, making John jump but also gaining his attention. "As much as I love learning everything that is physics, I think we need a break." John smiles in agreement, placing his books on the table and leans back in his seat, turned towards me.

"Thank God. I was starting to read the same sentence for the tenth time. The names were definitely blurring together." This makes me laugh.

"Speaking of names," I say, 'skillfully' changing the subject to one which has been itching at my brain for ages. "How did you know my name? We've never spoken to one another until yesterday. And I knew your name because your kind of popular in our physics class." John starts scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah-ah. It's kind of embarrassing to say, but uh, I sit behind you in class and I just happened to pick up your name from your book." There is no way he 'just happened' to pick up my name from my book. I mean, why would he find something as simple as that embarrassing unless there was something more behind it? There's only one reason for how he must have memorized my name, he must have been searching for it. This makes me super excited, but I try and simmer. I might as well use this to play with him.

"Ah, so your the person who I've been feeling staring at me this whole time?" I say with a smirk as I watch as John's face goes an adorable shade of red and he starts stuttering. "It's okay, John." I say through laughter and I place my hand on his. "I'm just messing with you." Noticing how John tenses and stares at my hand on his, I remove it slowly. I guess I misread all that. There's a pregnant pause as John just sits there, staring at his hand and I start internally panicking. Oh gosh, I totally just crossed boundaries and made a complete fool of myself. And now we're most likely going to sit here in silence until he inevitably decides to leave. Good job Y/N, you really know how to make things awkward.

"Would you like to come to my gig tonight?" John asks so suddenly that I feel like I've misheard him.

"Huh?"

"You just - you said that you wanted to check out the band yesterday..."

"I did. I mean, I do." I interrupt.

"So, did you want to come tonight?" I smile and instantly relax. I guess I didn't make as big of a fool of myself as I thought.

"Yeah, that'll be great." John sighs in relief and smiles a gorgeous smile at me.

*****************

If I found just the thought of him playing bass hot, actually seeing him up on stage playing bass was just damn sexy. I can see how rock concerts can make people all hot and bothered, but for me, it's just because of the one guy I'm staring at right now.

I almost can't believe that it's John up there playing bass. Gone is the quiet, shy, nervous guy with the kind smile which reflected adorableness. Now, all I can see is the passion, confidence and sex appeal in it's place. I feel like I can't take my eyes off of him, because if I do, I'll miss something essential to my being, and it's honestly got me feeling hot.

But that's not the only thing that's got me feeling so hot. It's the fact that his eyes have hardly left mine since he started playing. It's as if he's putting on a show just for me

Well, if he's putting on a show for me, I might as well put one on for him... Making sure his eyes haven't left mine, I start swaying my hips and moving my hands almost seductively over my body as I get lost to the music. By the hungry look in his eyes and the way he's biting his lip, I've definitely grabbed his attention.

The set is over too soon and the boys are waving at the crowd, saying goodnight with John giving me a wink before disappearing backstage. My whole body feels like it's shaking with nerves and adrenaline from the performance. So I do the only thing that can possibly stop it and head to the bar to grab a drink while I wait for John. I don't have to wait for long as I soon see John striding towards me with confidence and determination.

"John!" I shout over the music, a wide smile stretched over my face and I immediately bring him into a hug. "You guys were amazing! Honestly the best gig I've ever been to." I pull back to see his face flushed and sweaty but has lit up into an inviting glow.

"Your just saying that because this is the only gig you've ever been to." He chuckles.

"It's scary how you know me so well, John Deacon." I laugh. John's smile starts to become shy once again, but with the last string of confidence, he says;

"Y/N, I need to tell you something, and you need to listen because it's really hard for me to say, especially since I mean every word of it. I like you, Y/N. And I don't mean as a friend either. I mean much more than that. I have for a long time, since the first time I saw you in physics class..." He trails off and starts scratching the back of his neck awkwardly again. He avoids looking at me so I reach up and hold his face in my hands.

"Hey, John." I say softly, but loud enough for him and only him to hear, making him look at me. "It's okay. I really like you too. I have since you first smiled at me." This causes him to smile, but I can see him battling something on his mind.

"Really?" He asks and I smile and nod, letting go of his face, sliding my hands down so one is on his shoulder and the other is on his chest. "Can I kiss you?" I'm momentarily caught off guard, but as soon as I realize what he said, I answer.

"Of course you can." He smiles and starts to lean down, his face now inches from mine.

"Hey, John! We need you to come and pack up the set!" Roger shouts and John leans back with an irritated sigh.

"He's busy right now!" I shout back to Roger and I grab John by the collar of his shirt and bring him down for a much awaited kiss.