Uncle Joe!

"Aunty Y/N! Uncle Joe!" Allison and Brianna run up to us and jump into our arms. I pick Ally up to give her a tight hug, and Joe does the same with Brianna.

"I've missed you girls so much. I swear you've grown!" Joe exclaims putting Brianna down and patting her head.

"That's because they eat their greens." My sister smiles as she struts in, dressed up in a dress and heels, her husband following behind. "Thank you guys for agreeing to look after them, again."

"It's no problem at all. I always love spending time with your kids." I smile as Ally hugs my leg.

"Right, well, we'll be back by midnight. Have fun you two." She kissed each of her daughters on the cheeks, before she starts walking away. "Oh, and no ice-cream!"

"What? No ice-cream?" 

"No ice-cream Joe!" The door slams behind the pair and Ally and Brianna look up expectantly up at us.

"I won't tell her if you don't."

***************

Joe, Ally, Brianna and I have situated ourselves on the floor, lying down watching Despicable Me. I don't know how Ally and Brianna still have energy. I thought they would have fallen asleep after baking brownies and making forts, but no. Their eyes and and Joe's are intensely glued to the screen, laughing occasionally.

The girls seem to be really taken to Joe, same with Joe, same with Joe with the girls. We've been together for 5 years and married for one, but it always surprises me and warms my heart to see how he acts around them. It's so cute to see how much love they hold for one another. As the credits roll, I look over at my family and laugh. 

They've all fallen asleep together, Joe lying on his back from wanting to watch the film upside down, with his mouth hanging open and Brianna and Ally using Joe as a pillow, snuggling into his sides.

This is just too precious not to take a photo of, so I snap a couple of pictures before standing up and packing everything I can away without disturbing the trio. Sadly, it gets to the point where I have to take the girls to bed. My sister will not be very happy if she sees them sleeping on the floor instead of their beds. So, I kneel down beside them and gently shake Joe awake. I smile apologetically down at him as he groggily opens his eyes. 

"Hey, sleepy head. I'm sorry to wake you, but we need to get the girls in bed before their parents come home." Joe exhales a long breath.

"I'm sorry honey, I didn't mean to fall asleep. Let's get the girls into bed." We each lift a girl into our arms as gently as we can, but, sadly, I don't think I do it gently enough as Ally stirs awake in my arms.

"Aunty Y/N, what's happening?"

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to wake you." I say as I place her into bed and tuck her in. "Go back to sleep, sweet heart." I whisper, smoothing her hair out of her eyes.

"But I don't want to." She protests even though her eyes look like they're slowly shutting again."

"Why don't you want to go to sleep?"

"Because if I do, you and Uncle Joe will be gone when I wake up." 

"Come on Ally Cat." Joe says as he kneels down beside me. We're only a phone call away if you want us, and we'll be back to make forts and eat brownies with ice-cream before you know it." He smiles down at her as she lets out a little giggle. "We love you Ally Cat, and we love Brianna too, we can't stay away. But in order for us to come and see you again, we need you to go to sleep. Can you do that for us?" Ally nods and closes her sleepy eyes.

"Goodnight Ally." I give her and Brianna a kiss goodnight on their foreheads before Joe and I sneak out of the room and sit down on the couch with a sigh.

"You know," I start, turning to look at Joe, "you're really good with the kids." He smiles a sweet smile just at the thought of the girls.

"Well, they're great kids."

"Yeah, but what are your thoughts about having some great kids of our own?" Joe stares at me, wide-eyed. "It's something which I've been thinking about for a while, and I've been ready, and seeing you with Ally and Brianna really confirmed everything..." Joe cuts me off by kissing me on the lips before slowly pulling away, a wide smile on his face.

"I've been wanting to have kids for a while, too. There's nothing I want more than to have kids with you."

I smile widely, relief flowing through me. "So, we're going to do it? We're going to try and have kids?"

"Let's try and have kids."