Fashion Show

Excuse me, Miss. Can I get your opinion on something?" I look over my shoulder where the voice is coming from to see a man poking his head out of the curtains, smiling kindly at me.

"Um, yeah sure. How can I help?"

"Ok, you have to give me your honest opinion here." I nod. "Great" he opens the curtains with flourish and turns to his side, lifting up his jacket up above his hips. "Do these jeans make my butt look big?" I let out a laugh in surprise, before looking at his butt, his very fine butt, before looking back at his face.

"Immensely"

"Perfect." He smiles, making me laugh. "So what brings you here on this fine winter's day?" I raise an eyebrow at him. 

"Oh you know, just bird watching. This is, after all, the ideal place to do it." I smirk, making him laugh as he leans up against the changing room stall.

"Mmm yep. That's exactly what I'm doing here, too. The ducks around here really are beautiful." He sarcastically says.

"Ducks, really?" He shrugs.

"It was the first bird that came into my mind. So, what are you really doing here, Miss..."

"Y/N. Call me Y/N. And you really are a nosy one, aren't you, Mr...?

"Joe, call me Joe." He mimics. That name really suits him for some reason. "And I'm just making conversation with the pretty girl who said my butt looks big. Nothing wrong with that." I smile.

Well, if you must know, I'm clothes shopping. Obviously, seeing as this is a clothes store. But, I need to find a dress for my work do and I just can't seem to find one. What about you, Joe? Are you here for clothes or are you just here to talk to women?"

"No, no. I'm here for the same reason as you. But instead of finding clothes for a work do, I need to find clothes for my friends' baby shower. Apparently none of my clothes are appropriate enough for it." I laugh. He he suddenly gets a look across his face like an idea just popped into his head. "You know what we should do? It'll help. But we could do a fashion show for one another." At my slightly confused look, he quickly carries on. "Think about it. We could pick a bunch of clothes for ourselves and each other, and then try on clothes before giving each other our honest opinion. It could work. That is, if you aren't here with anyone?"

"No, I'm not here with anyone." I say before I could stop myself.

"Great, so what do you think?" It's insane, is what I think.

"Yeah, let's do it" Is what I say instead.

"Perfect. I like that attitude. Let's get started then." We walk around the shop, pulling things from the racks for ourselves as well as each other. The stuff I'm getting for him is ranging from an absolutely ridiculous pineapple button up shirt to a super sexy classic button up. But, throughout this whole time, I can't help but drift my eyes back to this one dress in the corner of the room. I shake my head. It's gorgeous, but it's not for me. 

"Right." Joe says as we stand back in front of the changing rooms. "Outfit one, here we go." We quickly head behind the curtains after switching some of our clothes, and I quickly dress in my first dress. This might be a very bad idea. I know it'll hurt if he says it doesn't look good on me, especially if I like the dress, so why exactly am I doing this? Because he's cute that's why. You always do stupid things around cute guys. 

"Are you ready?" He calls and I take a deep breath.

"Yeah."

"Okay, reveal in three... Two... One." I pull open the curtain at the same time as Joe to see him standing there in the white, pineapple button up shirt french tucked in his blue denim jeans. My jaw can't help but drop a little. He really is sexy.

"Okay, I meant that pineapple top as a joke, but you actually look really good in it. It really suits you." He nods his head once, great fully.

"Why thank you, Y/N. I do feel fuckin' awesome in this shirt. And you look gorgeous yourself." He says, but I can't help but think he's just saying that. "I just have one question, how do you feel in that dress?" 

Taken aback, I stutter; "H-how do I feel? F-fine, I guess."

"Then it looks like that's not the dress for you." Shock. That's all I can feel with what he just said. "Time for the second outfit?" I nod, still shocked, before closing the curtain behind me. What the hell is he up to?

*************

Five dresses later and I am about done. I've had enough. Every time Joe just says the same thing, that I look gorgeous and how do I feel? before stating that its the wrong dress after I apparently give the wrong answer. I never really like putting the effort into shopping, I guess even a cute guy can't change that.

"Y/N." I hear Joe say just outside my curtain. "If you don't mind, there's one more dress I want to try on." I can't help it. I sigh. None of these dresses are right, what will make this one any different. I pull open the curtain and immediately freeze when I see the dress Joe is holding. Its the dress. How did he know? "I saw you before when we were searching for clothes, you kept eyeing it. Why don't you try it on?"

"I-I don't know, Joe."

"Oh, c'mon There's no harm in trying, love." That word. How can one word leave me in a puddle on the floor, and blushing like a mad man. With a shy smile, I take the dress from him, close the curtain and put it on before looking at myself in the mirror. The color complements me perfectly and it hugs in all the right places. "Are you ready."

"Yeah." He pulls open the curtain, and when I hear his breath catch, I turn around to see him look at me, stunned. Trying to school his features, he coughs before saying with a slightly shaky voice; "How do you feel?"

"I don't even have to think before I say; "Amazing. But also strong, powerful and even-"

"Sexy." Joe interrupts, making my breath catch and my entire body heat up. "Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. So think you have found your dress." I nod. "And I have found my top."

"Which one?" I ask, curiously.

"While I think all of the tops you chose were amazing, I had to choose the pineapple one. Its more me, yet still appropriate for the baby shower-"

"And sexy." I add, making him fall silent. "I couldn't agree more." Silence falls between us as we stare intensely at one another, blushes on our faces. "Do you want to get out of here? After we pay of course, but would you like to get coffee with me?" 

"I'd love to."