Really Freddie? - John Deacon

Finding your way through the JFK airport in New York has proven to be difficult work. No matter where I go, I seem to get pushed and shoved around even though all I want to do is find my best friend, Freddie. We actually met each other at the airport back home. He was stacking suitcases, well, more like throwing them, and I was a flight attendant. We've been close friends ever since. Not as close as Mary and Freddie, of course. After all, they were lovers at one stage and I haven't met the band yet, which is why I'm here in NY. But Freddie tells me everything that happens in his life, and I do the same, we're close like that.

And yet, looking for him now, even though he has the most eccentric personality and clothing personality, he's bloody impossible to find. "Y/N! Over here, darling!" I hear the familiar voice shout and I turn to see Freddie waving. I smile, racing towards him with my suitcase in tow, before quickly dropping it and jumping into his arms.

"Freddie, I've missed you so much!" I say, squeezing him hard, which he returns.

"I've missed you too. So much, you have no idea Y/N/N." We hear a cough behind us and Freddie lets go of me and instead, takes my hand. "C'mon, you've got to meet the boys."

"Finally." I say more to myself and he pulls me in front of the three men. One blonde to the far left who has this cocky expression which would melt many girls heart, but honestly sets me at unease. The middle guy is super tall with wild curly hair which really suits him, but he also has an air of calm around him. And the guy to the far right has the kindest smile I have ever seen and the most adorable squint in his eyes, eyes which show so much intelligence and hidden knowledge that just makes me want to find out everything about him.

"So, Y/N, this is Roger, Brian and John. But I'm sure you could have made out who they were with what I've already told you." He's not wrong. It was mainly the hair that gave it away to be honest. "Guys, this is Y/N." The boys say hello, all except John, who just smiles and stares. It should make me uncomfortable, but it just makes me nervous. Why is he staring at me? Do I have something on my face? Maybe its that chocolate bar I had before the flight?

"Hello." Is all I say as I try not to look at John, but my eyes keep flickering back towards him. We all start walking out of the airport with Freddie in the lead with my suitcase. I've learnt not to argue with him, so if he wants to take my suitcase, he'll take my suitcase. Luckily I've learnt how to pack lightly. Roger starts walking beside me, eyeing me up and down shamelessly which creeps me out, especially when I know he has a wife.

"What are you doing later on tonight?" He asks in a seductive tone which I can imagine would work on many women, but instead makes me cross my arms over myself self-consciously.

"Sleeping."

"In my bed, I hope." He smirks at me and I could not feel more uncomfortable.

"No, in my bed, the only company being me myself and I." The smirk fades from his face and I can tell that he isn't used to rejection.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Seriously Roger?" Brian snaps, smacking him on the back of the head and John speaks up form the other side of me.

"Y/N's only been here for two minutes and you're already trying to get her into bed. Leave the poor girl alone." John, my knight in shining armor. And Brian too, but John. And yet through all of this, Freddie hasn't said a thing. Something is definitely going on with him.

"What? I was just asking a simple question." Roger says defensively.

"Well, to answer your question Roger." I say harshly, moving slightly closer to John before going back to my normal voice. "Freddie is taking me on a tour of New York, aren't you Freddie?" Freddie turns to look at me and from the expression on his face, I know something is off.

"I am so sorry, Y/N/N. I'm double booked. I have to go and do this thing."

"This thing?"

"Yes, it's very important. So important that I can't tell you what it is that I'm doing. But I'm sure one of the other guys can take you."

"I can." Gosh, can Roger ever give it up? I mean, I'm sure he's a really nice person when he's dropped the 'I'm totally fuckable and would fuck you' act, but now it's just getting old.

"I'm sure it will be a lovely tour of your bedroom, Rog, but I think it'll be best if Y/N goes with John tomorrow, don't you think darling?" He looks at me, eyebrows raised as if he's suggesting something else entirely, before he looks back at Roger. "He will actually give her a proper tour of this place, unlike you."

"Would you mind doing that John?" I look over at him with pleading eyes. "If not, I can totally find something else..." But John interrupts me quickly, almost too quickly.

"No, it's fine! I'll be more than happy to take you around. It also gets me away from seeing these faces all the time."

"What's wrong with our faces?" Brian asks defensively.

"What isn't wrong with your faces?" He smirks and I laugh a little, bringing his attention back to me, something different placing in his eyes. "I'll pick you up at 10 and I promise I'll have a great day planned for you Y/N. Don't worry." I smile thankfully at him and from the corner of my eye I see Freddie do a small triumphant fist pump.