You forgot something - John Deacon

There it is again. The feeling like someone is staring at me. The feeling like eyes are baring into my soul, keeping me on high alert. But when I look around, I can't for the life of me figure out who the hell is staring at me. Can they just stop, please? I'm trying to listen to the lecturer talk about something in which I have no clue. Or maybe I'm just being narcissistic and nobody is actually watching me.

I force myself to relax in my seat and try to forget about that stalker feeling. I'm just being dramatic, I'm sure. So dramatic that I would rather think about something that is most likely not happening then focus on work that I really need all the help with. As soon as I think that, however, everyone starts packing and leaving as quickly as they can. Crap. I retained none of the information. I'm officially screwed. I quickly pack my stuff, throwing it into my bag and leave in a hurry. I weave my way down the hallway, wanting to get out of the building as fast as possible, so I can get back to my dorm and study.

"Excuse me!" I hear someone shout from behind me, but I just keep walking, not really thinking that the guy might be calling for me. "Excuse me!" This time the voice is much closer and I jump when a hand comes down onto my shoulder. Quickly turning around, I see a guy from my physics class standing in front of me with a small embarrassed smile. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give you a fright."

"Oh, no. It's fine. I honestly get frights all the time." I wave it off, making him laugh. He has such a nice laugh that I can't help but feel intrigued by him. "How can I help you?" I ask when he didn't say anything.

"Oh, um, you-ah, you forgot something." He says, flustered and blushing as he hands me my physics text book.

"Oh-my-god. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would have done without it. I'm already screwed enough as it is."

"Are you struggling with physics?" A worried expression fills his features which I can't help but find endearing. We've only just met and he's already worried about me. Well, about my grades.

"Yeah, a bit. It's one of my worst subjects, but I'll get by."

"I can help you." He quickly says and I look at him in surprise. "Only if you want, that is."

"I can't ask you to do that for me. I'm sure you already have enough on your plate as it is."

"No, it's completely fine. I don't mind at all. Not at all." He starts blushing and scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Why is this guy so damn adorable? And how have I not noticed him more in class?

"Well, then, yes please, you would be a life saver. Or, well, a grade saver." He and I chuckle.

"Well, why don't I-"

"Hey John!" A blonde haired guy shouts from across the hall and John turns towards him, slightly irritated. "Quit flirting with the girl and get your ass over here. We've got to set up for a gig." A gig? Is John in a band. I look towards him and notice that his cheeks and ears have gone entirely red, most likely from embarrassment.

"I'll be there in just a second, Roger!" He shouts back, making Roger laugh.

"Alright, but don't take too long. Freddie won't like you very much if you make him wait very long, although he may forgive you since your actually talking to a girl. But I won't."

"Yeah yeah. I said I'll be there in a second." He sighs before turning back towards me. "I'm so sorry about that."

"No, it's fine. Your in a band?" I ask quickly, wanting desperately to know if my assumptions were true. I wouldn't have pegged him for a band guy, but then again, it works. And if he is, it would also be super hot.

"Uh-yeah. I play bass." Hot. He is super hot.

"That's so cool. I might just have to check you out sometime." My face immediately turns red and my heart pounds in my chest when I realize just how bad that sounded. "I-I mean, check out the band. I might have to check out the band sometime." My words trail off into quietness, and this time it's me acting awkwardly as I shift my weight on my feet. But John just laughs. Maybe even affectionately.

"I really do have to go now." He says reluctantly, and I have a powerful feeling inside me wishing he didn't have to go. "But I'll give you my number so you can call me about when you'd like to meet up for that study session." He pulls out his notebook and scribbles down his number before ripping out the page and handing it to me. My fingers brush against his, making my breath hitch and my heart race just that little bit more. This guy really has an affect on me.

"Cool. Thanks again, you're being a real help." I say with a smile.

"It's not a problem." He turns away and heads towards the exit Roger disappeared through.

"I'm Y/N, by the way!" I shout at him, remembering that I never gave him my name. He turns back to look at me with a smile, still walking backwards.

"I know! I'm John."

"I know!"

I have no idea how to feel about this chapter. Should I upload a part two to this? What do you think?