You're my Best Friend

Yay, another update! I originally wrote a different story and setting for the last half of the imagine, but decided to scrap that idea as I thought this one was better. I hope you enjoy!

Growing up with Joe as your best friend is definitely an experience. Its definitely a great experience, most of the time at least, but it's an experience. We became friends in primary school when I was sitting on the swing, alone as the other kids played around me. Joe walked up to the swing beside me, sat down and gave me half of his PB&J sandwich. Ever since then, we've been causing havoc in the playground, in our classes and at our homes.

When we were in high school, we would always meet up before and after school since we didn't have our lunches together, and we still remained as close as ever. Even after high school, we still go to one another's houses as much as we can, even if it is once a month or three times a week, and we just talk, watch movies, go bowling, go to the beach, do whatever the hell we feel like doing that day. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I had to live without him. I supported him while his acting career took off, which started when he was a child, and he supported me through my writing journey, which started around my late 20's. Let's just say there were a lot of break downs and late night phone calls on both ends, but we were always there for each other, and that's what matters to us.

The only people who had a problem with how close Joe and I were growing up were our partners. I always tell my boyfriends from the start that if they start getting jealous or try and make me choose between them or Joe, then they can get out of my life because I haven't got time for that crap. That's exactly what happened on some occasion too.

But as time went on, and neither Joe or I have settled down with anyone, I began to wonder why I had never felt content with any guy I had previously dated, and then I realized. They're not Joe. They don't make me laugh uncontrollably until my stomach starts hurting. They never kept me entertained for hours on end with just our conversations. They never gave me the thrill of wondering what he is going to do next when we play around in public. Most of all, they never made me feel special, feel unique, feel loved like Joe does with a single look or comment.

And that's what I'm thinking about right now as I stare at Joe as he tells me another hilarious thing that happened red carpet at the Oscars. The way he tells his stories is so mesmerizing. He's just so full of life and energy with his gestures and facial expressions that it's taking a lot of restraint not to just jump him, right here, right now. Luckily, though, I have just enough self-control right now to restrain myself.

"Y/N..." He says, waving a hand in front of my face, making me snap out of my thoughts and look at him apologetically. "I'm guessing you weren't listening?"

"I was, I'm sorry. I heard all about how you hid behind bushes to photo bomb Gwilym." I look down at the empty drink in my hands, making up some excuse that doesn't sound creepy like 'I was just getting lost in your perfection' would. "I just think I need another drink is all." I say, and am about to get up when Joe stops me, getting up himself.

"I need another one too, so I'll grab them. I'll also grab some snacks while I'm there." I smile a thank you as he walks away and I try not to stare. My phone starts blasting my ring tone anyway, and I quickly answer it, seeing as it's Lucy. Yes, I have grown to be good friends with the Bohemian Rhapsody cast, since they're all so close to Joe too.

"Y/N, what are you doing right now?" Lucy says enthusiastically as soon as I answer.

"I'm catching up with Joe." I say with a laugh.

"So he's there with you right now?"

"Well, technically he's in the kitchen getting more drinks and some snacks, but yeah, he is with me now."

"Great! So then you can finally tell Joe that you're in love with him." If I was drinking my drink right now, I would have spit it out or even choked on it in shock.

"What?"

"Or show him. Ravish him, take him to bed, do whatever just as long as you let him know how you bloody feel."

"How did you know..."

"Oh honey, every body knows. You two aren't very good at hiding your feelings. At all. It shows in the way you stare at him as if he's your prince charming. He even stares at you like your the most important person in the universe. So can you please put us all out of our misery and just get together already? Let out your sexual frustrations."

"Yeah, I haven't had enough liquid courage to let out my sexual frustrations just yet." I laugh nervously. "And I doubt Joe feels the same way. He can get anyone he wants."

"And he wants you." She says in a soft voice, and I sigh. I hear the rustling of a packet getting closer.

"Joe's coming back, so I better go." I say, relieved at the excuse to get away from this awkward conversation.

"Okay, but tomorrow we are definitely meeting up so you can tell me all about it, because you have to do something about it."

"I can't make any promises." I say as Joe walks in and I look up at him with a smile. I mouth Lucy's name, making him nod in understanding as he drops the snacks on the table.

"Tell Joe I say hi. Bye Y/N/N."

"Bye Luce." I say, hanging up before looking at Joe as he hands me my drink. "Lucy says hi." Joe sits back down beside me, much closer than before, but before I over think this, I remind myself that we're close and that we always sit close together.

"That's nice, I better say hi to her when I call her next." He says, getting comfortable. "Anyway, now it's your turn, Y/N. What's been happening in your world." I smile as I launch into my story about the prank we put on one of the girls at the publishers office for her birthday, laughing as I tell it, when Joe cuts me off by capturing my lips with his. Being so caught by surprise, I quickly pull away in shock and he his eyes widen in regret.

"I am so sorry, I don't know what came over me..." Before he could carry on, I smile and lean in to kiss him, catching him by surprise this time, before we both melt into the kiss. The kiss quickly becomes heated, each of us pouring out the emotions that have been building up over the years. I move to straddle his hips, my hands running through his hair, pulling at it, making him moan and he winds his arms around my waist, bringing me closer. We slowly pull away, needing air, and he peppers my face with little kisses, making me laugh, before he looks at me lovingly, making me melt all over again.

"I'm sorry for pulling away, you just shocked me is all." I say with a small laugh, and he places loose strands of hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for catching you off guard, but I couldn't control myself anymore. I had to let my best friend know just how much I loved her, especially since Gwilym called me before and told me to make a move already." That makes me laugh harder as I think of my conversation with Lucy. "But Y/N, you're my best friend and I love you so much, I have since high school to be honest. I just couldn't hold it back anymore."

"Well, if that's the case, one of us was bound to break at some point, I just thought it was going to be me. I just wish this happened so much sooner because I love you too. So much, Joe."