Chapter 1

-3rd person P.O.V (❗️edited❗️)

Louis arrived to the preschool where he would be picking up his four-year old daughter. Louis was a very rich man who sent his child to the best school. They lived in a huge house right outside of London, living basically remote to the rest of the world. There were other houses around, but they were spaced out greatly.

It was the year 2025 and Louis was 28 years old, working a successful business as a CEO of a fashion company. Alongside, he was 'forced' to work with his father who worked hard to dispose all of the hybrids out of the city. Yes, hybrids. They existed. Louis grew up being taught to hate and despise hybrids, but he could never do it. It wasn't necessarily a war because his father was more like in a gang, but it definitely reminded him of World War 2, terminating innocent beings. Louis didn't hate the hybrids like a lot of people as well. Some people hated them and some liked them. Louis never saw a problem, but was still forced to help his father whenever he spotted a hybrid. Louis only told him of one hybrid before when he was about 12 and he saw a hybrid cat roaming. He was young and did what his father asked. His father killed the poor cat right in front of his son, and since then, it has been his goal to not help his father. Louis also made sure that his little girl was the same as him. Loving and caring, compassionate.

When the school bell rang, Louis stood by the area where other parents stood so their children could find them. The little girl his previous husband gave birth to came running out to him, jumping in his arms.

"Hi Daddy!" She greeted. He smiled down at her

"Hello sweet girl. How was school?" She hugged his neck before answering.

"Good! We colored lots today because we are learning colors," Louis smiled at the precious little girl. When Jeremy gave birth to his little Adrianna, afterwards, like a few weeks later, he had taken a business trip to the US for one of his photography trips. On his way back, his plane crashed into the Atlantic, killing him and all the passengers on board. It left Louis heartbroken and since then, had never fully recovered from the loss of the love of his life. Gladly though, he had his baby girl to remind him of his husband.

"Anna, Daddy has to go into work again today," since she was only four, her school let the kids out at 12:30 instead of 3 like it would be if she were in first grade. She pouted.

"But Daddy, you said we could play with chalk today," Louis frowned. "You promised," She was big on promises; Louis had no idea why. But she just was, and she would always get very upset whenever a simple promise was broken. Louis knew it was wrong to make so many promises that he knew he would end up breaking, but he couldn't help it; he didn't want to see his little girl's heart break.

"I know I did, but I had a very important call this morning. I won't be long. I promise," there went that word again. Adrianna's protruding pout made Louis feel even worse as she just nodded along. "Plus, Alex is gonna watch you. You love her," Alex was the babysitter, more like nanny that helped out. She's been with Louis since the loss of Jeremy.

The mention of Alex didn't spark a smile which sort of worried Louis, but he knew once she saw her, she'd be ecstatic.

At the large mansion, Louis helped his toddler out of her car seat. He carried her inside whilst her backpack hung on one of Louis' shoulders. He set her down on the marble flooring once inside and set her backpack on the hook by the door. Anna slipped her shoes off and ran into the living room where Alex sat, flipping through the TV.

"Hey," I said. "Thanks for coming," I considered Alex more of a nanny than just a babysitter because she was here nearly everyday. She had Saturday's and Sundays off, and usually on Fridays Louis had off, but today work needed him to come in for a meeting, so He had to call Alex. She was always there when he needed her. Louis made sure to provide her a room here too just incase.