Chapter 35

-Harry's P.O.V

Louis walked in the house finally after not coming in for an hour. I should've gone to check on him, but Elizabeth wouldn't stop crying. He walked in the second she stopped, but he walked right past us. His face was read and I saw tear stains on his cheeks, his blue eyes now a dull grey. I frowned and looked at Jamie.

"Hey bud?" He looked at me. "Wanna hold you sister for a bit?" He shook his head and yawned. "You wants tale a nap then?" He nodded his head so I brought him to his room and let him go to sleep, meanwhile I took Lizzie with me to mine and Harry's room, knocking gently. "Lou?" I could hear him crying quietly. He didn't respond, so I just carefully and quietly opened the door, nestling crashing at the sight. Louis was laying on his stomach, his face turned to face the window. He was crying. "Louis? Are you okay?" He slowly sat up, so I took a seat on the bed next to him, placing my free arm around him, kissing his temple. "She'll be okay,"

"It s-should've been me," he cried. I frowned.

"Babe, your dad-"

"Not J-Joe," I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, trying to understand what he was talking about. And it didn't take long for me to realize.

"Louis, no. Don't say that. Anna loves you so so much,"

"She would've loved him so much more," I hated seeing him like this.

"Without you, our baby wouldn't be here. She loved you too," Louis peeked at his daughter, smiling through his tears; she smiled back. He brought her tiny knuckles up to his lips, kissing them softly.

"I love you, darling," he said. "So much," I passed our baby to him, letting the baby be the one to actually calm him down. It was working, but I knew he was just thinking about when we'd find our baby. I kissed Louis on the head before standing up and leaving them be, going into my son's room, making sure he was okay. Still asleep. I walked in and kissed his temple, a small smile on my face.

"I love you so much," he stirred slightly, his ears twitching, but he stayed asleep. "My little boy," I tucked him in more before going downstairs to just try and think. Where could Joe have her? Something caught my eye. I looked over on the floor and felt my heart drop. A drawing of She, myself, and Louis laid on the floor, a heart drawn around us.

-Louis' P.O.V

How was I feeling? My emotions were all over the place, it was hard to pinpoint just one in particular. I was angry, sad, scared, hopeless, I didn't know how to feel. My baby, who trusted me. She trusted and loved me so much only to have me lose her. I lost her. She's with the man that scared her so much and I was the one that was supposed to keep her safe.

As I held onto my infant, I felt her grabbing my shirt, putting it in her mouth and sucking on the black fabric. I kissed her fuzzy head and gently scratched her back.

"I love you. You know that?" I said quietly. Her ears lied against her head as she sucked on my shirt, probably getting hungry. I got up and carried her downstairs, seeing Harry clutching a picture . I felt my heart get heavy at the thought of my daughter and glad that she at least had her comfort buddy. My lip trembled, and that was when Harry looked up. "She has her Harry right?" I said. "She's probably so scared," I said, shaking my head.

-3rd Person P.O.V

The day seemed to last forever. Especially to a little girl. Anna was having a hard time being away from her parents, sister, and brother. Joe had gotten her all of these toys, but she didn't play with a single one, wishing she had her Harry with her for some bit of comfort, since she couldn't have the real one there, or her daddy.

Joe forced the child to sit with him on the couch to watch what he wanted, which was slightly too scary for the little girl who kept her eyes on her lap. She fiddled her fingers, grabbing the picture frame that Joe had brought down for her with her dad in it. He loved his granddaughter. He cared for her.