Chapter 5

(Nina Dobrev as Alex because I love her to death 😍)

-3rd person P.O.V (❗️edited❗️)

Louis was saying goodnight to Anna with Harry, because Anna now demanded that Harry also said goodnight. She was getting really attached to the cat. Louis was actually getting scared and overwhelmed by how attached Anna was getting to Harry. What if something happened? Like what if Louis' dad found out about Harry and Jamie and did something unforgivable? She would be a mess. Louis had to be extra careful with that.

"Goodnight Daddy. Goodnight Harry," Louis pecked his little girl on the lips.

"Goodnight," harry also quickly said goodnight before heading to say goodnight to Jamie. The two men returned downstairs. "Harry, can I speak to you?" Louis said softly, a hint of nerves in his voice. Harry could tell something was wrong, and that sort of made him nervous.

"Yes, Of course," they both took a seat on the couch beside one another. "What's wrong Louis?" Harry asked.

"There's something that I've been needing to tell you since you got here. I just, before I tell you, you have to know that I care for you and Jamie. I have always cared for you and have only wanted to protect you. Your life is just as important to me as Adrianna's," Harry sat up straighter, his ears tilting back slightly.

"If you need us to leave, I–" Louis cut him off.

"No, that's not it. Remember the day I found you?"

"Could never forget. I mean, my son was practically dead in my arms and my husband died that day," Louis sucked in a deep breath, not being able to look the man in the eyes.

"U-Um," He had tears coating his eyes. "The gang. The gang that attacked you and your family, u-uh," Louis was having such a hard time. He knew this was going to be difficult, but he never imagined telling Harry would be this hard. "The leader of the gang, Uh, is my, Uh, father," Harry's eyes widened but he didn't let out a sound. Not a peep. He was absolutely taken back by what Louis just said; it took him a minute to process it correctly. Harry looked angry and a little betrayed at the same time. He ran his hand through his hair, not being able to come up with something to say. He just looked at Louis.

"Your- your father is the man who killed my husband and shot my son? And you're letting my child live here?" His eyes were angry. "My child? That's who was here today. Wasn't it?" Louis shamefully nodded his head. Something went through Harry's head- sudden fear. He stood up.

"Harry! Don't be scared of me. Please. I hate my father. I would never do anything to hurt you," Harry hard tears in his eyes too, Ready to go grab his son.

"You may not. But he can come here whenever he wants and I do not want my son here. I'm sorry Louis. I don't trust you right now, and I don't trust this house. I'm leaving tonight,"

"Harry, please," Louis said.

"I need my son out of here," he spat.

"Harry, I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you,"

"You shouldn't have brought us here, Louis. My son means the world to me," he argued. "Y-You knew your d-dad was part of this and you still took us here. Where that man can show up anytime,"

Harry went upstairs and into his shared room, packing his stuff and his son's before waking him up because he couldn't carry him. His heart broke at the soft whimper that left his lips after being woken up.

"I'm sorry buddy," Harry said sincerely, managing to pick him up after all. "We gotta go," the little boy looked at the door when it opened again. Louis came in, tears in his eyes.