Chapter 28

-Louis' P.O.V

I gave Harry a look of assurance before heading out front with my father. Why he was at my house? I had no idea. I never wanted to see him again, and of course, he showed up at my house. Once the door was shut, I took a seat on the porch step. He sat beside me.

"I wanted to apologize," I scoffed.

"Seriously? You think an apology will fix all this?"

"I figured you'd say that," I rolled my eyes. "I thought about everything, the way I've treated you about hybrids. I hate them. Probably always will, but I saw the way you protected and defended Harry and his son,"

"Yeah? I'd always protect them. So?"

"I get it. The way you protect them is the way I would protect you and tried to protect your mother. I tried to protect you both from hybrids and anything else that would harm you,"

"Hybrids aren't evil. They're people too. There was no need to feel like they're dangerous because not all are... like people. There are good humans and bad humans, just like there are good hybrids and bad ones. They're no different than us, other than they have tails,"

"And I know that. It was just, after your mother died, what you said on Christmas, was right. I was so angry for so many years because on hybrid accidentally killed her. Her death wasn't done on purpose, but I forced myself to believe it was done purposely. Since then, I've never liked hybrids. Last week I saw how much you care for Harry and his boy, and I am sorry I ever caused that stress upon all of you,"

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me," I said. "I wasn't the one waiting for you to kill my daughter,"

"May I apologize to Harry then?" I shrugged.

"I'll ask him," I walked back inside and found Harry on the couch, talking to our baby girl I'm his belly. "Harry," he looked up and frowned slightly. I explained to him what was going on and asked if he'd let my father apologize.

"Absolutely not," he said. "Sorry, but he almost killed my son twice. I don't want to speak to him,"

"Alright. You don't have to. Wasn't gonna make ya," I kissed his lips gently then lifted his shirt and leaned down to press my lips to his stomach. I stood back up and walked outside again. "He has no interest in hearing an apology. Sorry," my father sighed.

"I understand. Well, I just wanted to say I'll try and accept your relationship, considering I have another grandchild on the way. She's half cat, so I guess I have to. Would never kill or harm my blood," I hid a smile.

"Yeah. Well, maybe in the future, something can happen and things could be fine, but for now, it'll be the way it is,"

"That's fine. I guess I'll be going. Thank you for allowing me to talk and apologize to you, Son,"

"Yeah. I'll see you around I guess," he left and so I walked back inside, this time to see Anna snuggling and sleeping on Harry on the couch.

"She came down and wanted to go back to sleep, so yeah," he said, kissing our little girl on the head.

"She loves you,"

"Good. I love her so much more, though," I loved how close Harry and Anna were. To be honest, at first, I didn't think Anna would warm up to him so fast and so much, but I think since she didn't know her father, that accepting a new one wasn't too much pressure, if that makes sense.

"Jamie and I talked," I said and sat down. "We talked it out and I think he's okay with me now. He came to me and asked to talk,"

"Oh wow," he said. "I'm kinda surprised. He's usually too shy to do that kind of stuff,"