Chapter 19

-3rd Person P.O.V (edited)

Today Harry was going in for his first day of work. He was nervous but excited at the same time. This would be the first time in months where he wouldn't see Jamie all day, and it scared him a little bit. That little boy was his life.

He ate the last of his cereal with the kids and Louis next to him.

"Good luck baby," Louis said, kissing Harry's soft lips as he put his shoes on. "You'll do great," he kissed both kids on the cheeks before leaving.

"Wait!" Anna said, running stopping Harry before he shut the door. She held up her Harry to him.

"You want me to take him with me?" She nodded her head.

"For good luck!" Harry's confused face turned to a huge smile. He hugged the little girl.

"Thanks darling. I won't be long. Be good for your father,"

"I will!" She ran back to her dad as Harry walked out the door. It was the weekend and the other day, the men enrolled their kids in school, so they were starting Monday.

Harry drove Louis' car to the toy store and once he found a parking spot, he got out and locked the car, heading inside. Jackie, the owner's daughter, stood at the desk once again.

"Harry! Hey! Let me go get my mum," she headed into the back room and came back with my boss. Her smile made Harry less nervous. She had brown ears, so It was assumed that Jackie got the orange from her father.

"Hello Harry. How are you?" The sweet woman asked. Harry smiled.

"I'm good! A little nervous, but yeah," Jackie glanced down at the cat in Harry's hand. Harry caught her looking and blushed. "Oh u-uh, my boyfriend's daughter, Uh Anna, gave him to me for good luck today," both females smiled in Harry's direction.

"That's adorable," Jackie gushed. "Ready to start? It's really simple actually. You're just gonna use the register. You scan the item here, tell them their total then ask how they're paying and bam. That's really it. It's not hard. If you get confused or need help, I'll be stocking the LEGO's,"

"Thank you," Harry said gratefully.

"You can set the cat right on the shelf if you'd like," Harry placed the stuffed animal on the shelf next to him. During his interview, Harry had to mention that he was expecting so it wouldn't catch them off guard in nine months when he had to take off from work. "How's the baby?" Michelle, his boss, asked. Harry smiled, looking at his belly. It was obviously to early to see the bump, but he still go super excited.

"Good! I'm really excited. She or he's way too little obviously to really tell, but I'm excited," Michelle grinned.

A little boy and his mother came up to the desk with a few game boards on the conveyor belt.

"Hi how are you?" Harry asked to the family.

"Good! How are you?" The mother asked.

"I'm well. Did you find everything you need?"

"Yup, I think so," Harry quickly scanned the games and put them in plastic bags then telling the total to the mother. She swiped her debit card and then Harry asked if she wanted her receipt, in which she said yes, so he put it in the bag and handed them to her. Michelle clapped her hands once they left.

"Your first customer. Nice. I'll let you be. If you're not too busy, you can take a walk around the store to familiarize yourself with it," Harry laughed.

"I've got two kids and one on the way; I better learn,"

At 1:30, Harry was sitting during his break in the break room, munching on some french fries from the McDonalds across the street. He had to be back by 2:15, so that gave him 45 minutes to call Louis.