Chapter 2

(Jamie)
-3rd person P.O.V  (❗️edited❗️)

Louis and Harry stood up the second the doctor came out and called for Jamie. Louis asked if Harry wanted him to come back, but he understood when Harry asked to be alone with his son. Just Incase the news was bad. However, he man walked out with the biggest smile on his face.

"He's okay. Would you like to meet him?" Louis smiled and gave a weak nod. Louis stood up after sitting for hours, following Louis into the other room where his son was wide awake, playing with an action figure. He looked up at the sound of our feet, giving a whimper at the sight of Louis. He looked at Harry, reaching for him right away. "It's okay, Jamie. He won't hurt you. He helped me save you," the boy relaxed but still reached for his daddy. Louis followed Harry over to the bed, though he stayed back as Harry sat on the bed, hugging his toddler. Jamie looked up at his dad.

"Where's P-Papa?" He asked, looking around. Harry went to speak, but his mouth just kept opening and closing, no words coming out.

"U-Um, he u-uh, he's up in heaven, baby boy. With the angels," Louis was silent and questioned to himself whether or not he should have been in the room.

"Harry, I'll give you a moment," Louis said and left the two boys alone. He cursed to himself, forgetting to cal Alex to tell her of his whereabouts. He pressed his phone to his ear, waiting for her to answer. She did after a few rings.

"Louis, where are you?" She asked. "I've been calling you for hours," he let out a deep breath.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But it's my dad. He did something really fucked up," besides his deceased mother and best friend Liam, Alex was one of the three people he trusted the most. She told him everything, and she has always been good at keeping everything a secret.

"Baby, I'll be right back," Alex told Anna from the other side of the phone. Louis heard shuffling and sighed before Alex came back to the conversation. "What'd he do this time?"

"He nearly killed a toddler. I had to bring him and his father to the hospital. The kid was basically dead but somehow wasn't and became alive again and now I'm at the hospital. I'm sorry I didn't call,"

"No, hey, it's okay. I was just worried," Louis knew he owed her. "Do you need me to spend the night?" Louis let out a deep sigh.

"Probably. What's Anna doing?"

"It's 9, so I'm getting her ready for bed. She's really upset with you," Another promise he managed to break.

"How many times do I have to lie to her? I promise her over and over again that I'll be home or that we can play and then something my father or work does fucks it up and I have to lie. I wanted to play with her today like she asked before even going to school today. It's always my father," Louis had tears in his eyes. "Jeremy, I don't know how he was so good at parenting by himself. For the time that I was always away and he always home, how did he do it? Being a single dad basically?" And was silent for a moment.

"Louis, you can't continuously blame yourself for the shit your dad does. This is his fault. Not yours. You have two full time jobs; being the CEO of your company and a dad. On top of that, you have to deal with all of your Dad's bullshit. It sucks I know, but you can't put yourself down because of it. You know why? Because you have a little girl who needs her dad," Louis ran his hand through his light brown, feathery hair. "Wanna talk to her before she goes to sleep?"

"Please?" She laughed lightly before handing the phone to a really sad Adrianna. Adrianna lost her one father not getting the chance to even know him, but she knew she lost her dad. She asked about him and Louis had no choice but to tell her the awful truth. She was heartbroken to know that the man that gave birth to her was dead.