Ch. 7 Summer

I left Hogwarts on the train the next day. Dumbledore asked me to go with the Weasleys but I requested to go back to the orphanage. I lied saying I wanted to try and figure out who my parents were and Dumbledore believed me. He knew I wouldn't find anything but let me go there anyway. He didn't care about my safety he just wanted control over me. I got off the train with Draco. Before he could walk to his/our parents, I wrapped my arms around him. He gave a small smile before pulling away from me. Before he left I managed to slip the prophecy into his bag hoping he would show our parents. Unlike Harry's prophecy I had managed to keep it safe during the chaos at the ministry. I gave Draco one last smile before he took a step back. I felt connected to Draco even though I hadn't been raised with him and I missed our parents so deeply.

"Hope you have a fun summer Dray," I said hiding my emotions as he nodded.

"You too Isa, if the orphanage gets to be too much Owl me," he said before heading to his parents. Tears welled in my eyes as they greeted him happily while I had no one. Even Molly wouldn't have greeted me like my parents would have. The train station was cleared quickly and I knew I would have to find my own way to the orphanage. That is if I went to the orphanage. I realized there wasn't a reason to go to the orphanage I just needed the Order to think I was. Instead of walking to the orphanage I took the Knight Bus to Diagon Alley. I put my hood up before I turned towards Knockturn Alley. I headed down deep into Knockturn Alley sticking to the shadows as much as possible. I looked at each shop I went by searching for one that might help me understand what the prophecy meant. I grinned as I spotted a bookstore before slipping inside.

My eyes darted around making sure I hadn't been followed before I started looking at the bookshelves. I needed to find out more about the prophecy if there was more and hoped a dark book would go into more detail on the prophecies surrounding the Dark Lord. I had started thinking of Voldemort as the Dark Lord shortly after he protected me from most of Dumbledore's spells. I craved to know about my prophecy and knew that only a dark version would explain it without hiding a single piece of the prophecy.

As I sat in the bookstore browsing a few people had gathered to watch me. Some curious but others looked like they wanted me for something unpleasant. I stood out as a child and clearly someone unfamiliar to the people in Knockturn Alley. I ignored them before locating the book I wanted. I flipped through the book before frowning. The book had nothing, not a single mention of me. I set the book down in frustration leaving the bookstore only to run into Bellatrix Lestrange. She grinned before pinning me to the wall. I stared into her dark eyes as she spoke.

"Oh little blood traitor all alone," she taunted as I sighed. I could easily get free but the the ministry would know I had been in Knockturn Alley and by extension Dumbledore would know. Dumbledore couldn't know, not yet anyway.

"Look I won't tell anyone I saw you if you let me go. I'll even tell you why I am in Knockturn Alley," I said simply as she stared at me. She didn't let go but waited for me to tell her. "I needed to dig into something I learned at the ministry that night. I located a book of prophecies about the Dark Lord," Bellatrix sucked in a sharp breath at my use of the Dark Lord as I continued to speak, "but unfortunately the book said nothing about the prophecy I was looking for."

"What prophecy?" She asked with curiosity in her dark gaze. I looked into her eyes pleading her not to make me tell her. I couldn't risk Dumbledore finding out that I was digging into my life.

"I can't tell you. At least not yet but I promise I will soon. Before school starts," I said as she let go of me.

"And I should trust a Mudblood why?" She demanded as I glared at her with my icy eyes. That insult didn't bother me when I didn't know my past but knowing it now that insult hit ten times harder.

"You should trust me because I am a pureblood. If you don't believe I will make the unbreakable vow to prove it," I said firmly as she laughed.

"Pureblood. That's hilarious because you reek of Muggle," she said with disgust on her face causing me to snap at her.

"I was in an orphanage my entire life," I growled as her gaze hardened at my harsh voice.

"You dare to speak to me that way when I could kill you right here," she glared as I laughed.

"You could try Bellatrix but I assure you it wouldn't be easy and the Dark Lord would be pissed as he shielded me from Dumbledore," I spat back as she took a small step back. I could see the confusion fill her brown eyes before she spoke.

"Why would he help you?" She asked as I looked into her dark gaze.

"Because he said I was a child," I said simply watching as she moved out of my way. "Tell Draco I'll see him soon." With that I walked back to Diagon Alley leaving a confused Bellatrix in the street. Once I had gotten far enough from Knockturn Alley I pulled my hood down. The disappointment flashed through me as I walked around. I decided to write Dray and see about visiting in a few weeks. I needed a few weeks to process what I knew but also to figure out if and how to tell the Malfoys who I was. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone figured out who I was and I wanted to be the one to tell them. I walked into an inn booking a room for two weeks. I flopped onto the bed in the small room I had been given as images of Narcissa raced through my head. I longed to be held by my mother which only added to the pain I felt from the lack of love my entire life. I wasn't loved or loving anyone but that was all about to change for I had grown to love my brother and soon that love would spread that is if I didn't run like my body wished to. Run or embrace the love, those were my options and both terrified me.