Ch. 23 Fractured

The pain continued as Molly's curse pressed against my body. She soon grew bored of my screams and nodded her head at Ron. I didn't know what her nod meant until both her and Ron launched the Cruciatus curse. I hadn't known how much worse the pain could get until they both hit me with their own equally powerful Cruciatus curse.

"Tell us," Molly snapped angrily. Tears raced down my face as my body twisted around on the floor trying to find a way to make the pain stop and then I heard it. A crack. At first I thought it was someone apperating but then my eyes saw it. The tiny crack along the chains. My magic quickly rushed towards the cuffs sensing the weakness in the metal I was seeing. Despite the agony still pumping through my body I felt a small amount of my power dulling the pain.

I smirked as I felt a burst of my power flow out around me knocking Ron and Molly off their feet. The chains crumbled to the floor as I got to my feet. I stood up as my power surrounded me soothing my pain before I apperated away. I hadn't thought too much about the location other than wanting to go home as I apperated. I landed in the middle of the meeting room where most of the prominent death eaters were talking.  All the eyes in the room fell on me.

"Hey guys," I said weakly before I collapsed my unhealed injuries finally taking control. Darkness swallowed me. The last thing I heard was my mother crying out for me as I passed out. As I lay passed out I could feel my magic draping over my body slowly mending each wound. My magic took its time making sure to heal me properly as if it had a mind of its own. In someways, I think it did have a mind of its own. The old magic was like having a best friend looking after you. My body had completely relaxed and embraced each and every piece of magic that hit my body. Some was mine and others were from my mother. She was trying to heal the trauma the Weasleys had caused.

When I eventually was healed enough to wake up I opened my eyes. I glanced around the room to see I had been placed in my bedroom. I wince still feeling a little pain but most of it was gone. I got up slowly testing my strength. I smiled when it was easy to stand. I walked over to the door. I needed to see my family. I had been deprived of that for a few days at least even though it felt longer. They needed to know I was okay. I yanked the door open making my way to the living room where my mother was speaking with my father and Tom.

"What if she doesn't wake up? I don't think I can bare to lose her," my mother said with teary eyes. "I spent days mending her body but she hasn't woken yet. It's been weeks since her body had been fixed completely and she hasn't woken yet." Shock filled my body as I processed her words, I had been asleep for weeks.

"Cissy. She will wake just give her time. She's a Malfoy," my father said but I could see the same fears my mother had in my father's grey eyes.

"When she wakes she might be different. We have no idea what happened to her but it was clear what ever happened to her wasn't pleasant," Tom said to them. "She's going to need us." Tears had pooled in my eyes hearing them speak. They were terrified for me because they loved me just as I loved them.

"Merlin I wish I could have taken her place. She doesn't deserve anymore pain. I promised her she wouldn't go through that anymore," my mother said a tear slipping down her pale cheek. I pulled myself together enough to enter the room. All three of them snapped their heads towards me.

"Hi," I said flashing them a smile seconds before my mother ran to me. She swept me into her arms holding me tightly against her body.

"Isabelle," my mother whispered as I relaxed in her embrace. I missed her touch.

"Mom," I breathed with a smile on my lips. Both Tom and my father stared at us while she continued to hold me close.

"Are you alright?" She asked pulling back to look at me.

"Yeah. I am good now," I told her as she took a step back.

"Isabelle, we need to talk about what happened," Tom told me as I frowned. I hadn't wanted to talk about it but I knew that I should.

"I don't even know how to fully explain what happened to me," I muttered softly. "I woke in a house alone. I couldn't use my magic and I couldn't leave the room I was in at least until I was forced into these magical chains. I was then dragged out of the room and tortured for information. I didn't give them anything. I was kept in those chains the entire time I was there. I could feel my powers but I couldn't use any of them. It wasn't until I endured two Cruciatus curses at the same time was I able to get free. I think it was a combination of my powers wanting out and the curses on my body that fractured the chains. Once that happened my magic came flooding to the surface knocking Molly and Ron away from me while simultaneously dulling my agony enough to apperate."

"What did they want to know?" Tom asked as I looked over at him.

"Your location," I told him softly. I saw guilt flash in his eyes as well as admiration. I didn't break despite suffering from the worst curse imaginable. Most of even his most loyal would have probably broken and spilled the information. "I won't let them hurt anyone I care about if I can help it." My mother gripped my arm as I looked towards her.

"Did anything else happen?" She asked as I shook my head.

"I did have a conversation with Professor Lupin. He said he wasn't on the Order's side anymore," I stated as my father and Tom shared a look.

"He came here and said you sent a message through him to not rescue you," Tom said as I smiled.

"I requested that he tell you not to try and save me because they would hurt or possibly kill anyone who tried," I said firmly. "If this ever happens again don't try and save me."

"Honey. I don't think I could bare to leave you in their hands without trying to get you back," my mother said her voice trembling. I wrapped my arms around her again trying to take her pain.

"And I couldn't bare to lose you. I love you mom," I whispered as she squeezed me tighter in return.