Prologue

Narcissa stood in the nursery her hand resting on her swollen belly where her child was currently squirming inside her. A small grin spread across her lips as she looked at her child growing inside her. Behind her smile lingered a second emotion, concern, the war had worsened and the children were being thrown into the war regardless of age. Cissy knew it wasn't right as did many of Tom's followers and yet the light continued to pull the children into things they didn't understand and weren't prepared for. She only hoped the war would end soon. She hoped that this war would be over before her daughter ever even knew about it.

"Mommy," a small Draco called. Cissy turned to smile at her little boy scooping him into her arms trying to mask her fear. Draco knew something was happening but she did her best to shield him from it. She wanted to protect her family from the war.

"Yes Draco," she said as he reached over to play with her hair. She gave him a smile as he touched her hair.

"Hungry," he said with a pout that caused Cissy to laugh. She wasted no time bringing Draco to the dining room.

"Let's get you something to eat," she smiled placing Draco on a chair.

"Narcissa," Lucius called to his wife.

"Dining room," she said as she put a plate of fruit in front of Draco. He stepped into the room pressing a kiss to his wife's cheek.

"How's my little one doing today?" Lucius asked his hand resting on his wife's belly.

"She's active," Cissy said before both parents turned their attention to Draco who had just finished the fruit and was currently reaching for his father's arm.

"And how about you?" He asked Draco as he scooped him up. Draco giggled as he clung to his father. Everything was perfect.

Hours later, Narcissa would give birth to her little girl. A girl adored by everyone including the feared Dark Lord who was like a brother to Cissy.

Weeks passed and the family had settled into the new routine. Draco had grown to love his sister dearly and wanted nothing but the best for her.

"Lu," Cissy said walking into his study with their child in her arms.

"Look how precious she is," Cissy said while the child gripped her finger tightly.

"She's just like her mother," Lucius smiled. Neither of the two parents knew about the Wizard who was very much aware of the child and fuming about it. This wizard knew how loved the little girl was and planned to use it to his advantage. Anything could be a weapon if used properly.

Within several weeks a plan had been formed. The girl was to be taken in an effort to target the emotional stability of the dark wizards. Dumbledore and several order members entered the dark manor. Within seconds they were confronted by Narcissa Malfoy.

"What are you doing here?" She questioned with her wand in her hand tightly.

"I think you know," Dumbledore said coolly. A protective fire flared in her blue eyes as both started launching spells at each other. The only problem was Narcissa didn't stand a chance with several order members fighting against her. Her only thoughts as she fought a losing battle was of the little girl she loved so deeply sleeping in the nursery upstairs.

"Stupefy!" The spell had so much power behind it that when it hit Narcissa she was blasted across the room hitting the floor roughly. She slipped into unconsciousness instantly. None of the members gave the injured mother a second glance as Dumbledore and his spy headed up to the nursery. They had wanted to take both children but Draco had gone somewhere with his father.

Dumbledore strode into the nursery calmly while Severus watched him with guilt bubbling up inside him. He was friends with the Malfoys and he had a hand in taking their child. A child loved by so many, one who was innocent to all of this. He couldn't stay quiet no matter how much he tried.

"Albus, should we be doing this? She isn't in danger?" Snape asked Dumbledore keeping his own emotions hidden from the headmaster. Dumbledore looked down at the crib without a hint of regret or compassion before he responded to Professor Snape.

"She's too strong to be left with the Malfoys. She needs to be raised with Muggles," Dumbledore stated grabbing the baby roughly out of the crib without a hint of kindness in his blue eyes.

"Where will you take her?" Snape asked as he looked at the still sleeping little girl. She had slept soundly despite Dumbledore's careless touch. The Professor, even though he seemed heartless and cruel, he had a heart and wanted the child to go somewhere where she would be well taken care of. The child deserved that much. Snape found he too cared for the child.

"She will go to Wool's orphanage," Dumbledore said flatly without a moments of hesitation. He acted as if that was the best place for the child, a place where she would be loved. Everyone knew that Wool's wasn't a good place for a child especially one with magical abilities and yet that was where she was to go.

"You know how that orphanage is run and still you want her there?!" Snape continued to push hoping Dumbledore wouldn't condemn the child to that. Snape knew that the orphanage broke Tom Riddle and now it was getting another child to break. Dumbledore nodded looking at the small child with disgust before leaving the room with the baby.

"Obliviate Mrs. Malfoy so she doesn't expose us," Dumbledore ordered before he apperated with the child in his arms. He arrived at the orphanage placing the child on the steps. He didn't even knock on the door before he left the child there alone. The child lay on the steps for ten minutes before Severus arrived. He placed a note on the child. Even if she was going to have a miserable childhood the least he could do was make sure she had her name. The note was simple with only her first name. His dark eyes looked at the child sadly but he knew he couldn't do anything for her because Dumbledore would just take her again but the next time he might kill her. Severus reached up knocking on the door before hiding behind a tree. He would make sure the child would be at least brought inside before leaving her. It was the least he could do for her.

"Hello," the woman said before she noticed the child. She sighed but took the baby inside. Severus could only hope the damage done to the child wouldn't be too bad.