Ch. 14 Hogwarts Return

The next day I stood in some robes that my mother transfigured for me. I still had the necklace from my father on my neck. I wouldn't ever take it off. I stood in the entryway where the family was waiting to say goodbye. I didn't want to leave but knew I needed to go.

"I'm going to miss you guys," I said hugging my parents before turning to my aunt. I stepped forward wrapping my arms around her tiny waist before I stepped back grabbing Draco's hand.

"Be good and watch out for each other," my father said as I smiled.

"Ms. Malfoy," a voice called out. I spun around to face Tom with a soft smile.

"Yes?" I said as he walked towards me.

"Be careful. Don't risk yourself for anything. Your safety is most important to me," Tom said before pulling me into a quick embrace. "I'll see you in a few months."

"Thank you Tom," I said before taking my mother's arm apperating to the train with Draco. I followed Draco onto the train sitting beside him. Pansy was the first to join us as she glared at me.

"What is a mudblood doing here? Shouldn't she be with perfect Potter," she snapped. Anger flashed across my body as my magic rushed through my body begging to be used. I took a calming breath as Draco took my hand sensing my magic. His touch eased the magic just slightly, enough so I didn't use it on Pansy.

"She isn't a mudblood. She's my sister so if you insult her again I won't hesitate to hurt you Pansy!" Draco said harshly as her eyes found their way to the necklace. I watched her gaze widen as she looked back at Draco.

"Dray. I'm sorry I didn't know," she said to him with regret in her eyes.

"It's fine," I replied as she calmed down. I could sense the fear she held when she had offended both my brother and I. It must be because the Malfoys are respected in the pureblood community. I leaned against Draco as the train began to move. I let myself drift to sleep.

Smoke. That was all I could see around me. I got to my feet pain flashing across my body. I looked down to see cuts and bruises on my body. I had my wand gripped tightly in my hand as I walked through the rumble with caution. I heard a laugh as a hand touched my shoulder gently.

"Let her go Albus. You are a coward making her do your work for you!" Tom's voice rang out. That's when I realized Dumbledore was the one touching my shoulder. A few more steps and I could see Tom standing there. Sadness filled his dark eyes as he gazed at me with regret. He didn't want to fight me but I knew he would have to. I couldn't control my movements. I tried to stop but my body continued forward, one step after the other.

"It's better this way," Dumbledore smirked before he whispered in my ear. "Kill him slowly." I raised my wand a tear falling down my cheek as the Cruciatus curse flew off the tip of my wand hitting Tom. He didn't try to stop me and instead crumbled to the ground screaming in pain.

"Isabelle. Wake up!" A voice said. "Isa come on wake up!"

"Isabelle," Draco's voice said once more as my eyes shot open. I breathed heavily trying to slow my rapid heartbeat while everyone stared at me. "You were having a nightmare." Draco said as I tried to hide the fear brought on by that dream.

"I'm fine," I said but Draco looked at me skeptically. "Are we here?"

"Yeah," Draco said as I got to my feet. I ignored him calling for me and instead headed into the school. Once inside I felt eyes following me. I saw Dumbledore and McGonagall staring at me. I had disappeared from the Weasley's home so my reappearance would put them on edge considering who had taken me from the Burrow. I sat at the Slytherin table beside Draco. He conversed with his friends but kept his hand on mine as if afraid I'd vanish while he spoke.

"Dray. I'm going to the common room. I don't feel like getting stared at," I whispered as he glanced around to see that the Professors were indeed staring before he turned his full attention to me.

"Are you sure?" He questioned me. I nodded before getting up. "You want me to go with you?" He asked but I shook my head before I exited the great hall. I walked towards the dungeons but took a detour into the room of requirements. I stood in front of the cabinet that needed to be repaired. I walked forward my fingers trailing across the surface. I could feel a crack in the magic around the cabinet. While the cabinet didn't have visible damage I could feel the magical damage. I smiled as I allowed the power to flow off my fingertips onto the cabinet. A warmth filled my body at the use of magic that had been itching to be used since the argument with Pansy. Once I had used my power I relaxed. My magic reached out sensing for the damage to the cabinet but found only a small fracture compared to the gaping hole it used to be. Draco could finish fixing it himself and so I left the room and went back towards the dungeons.

"Ms. Malfoy," a voice drawled from behind me. I stopped mid step turning around. I faced Professor Snape with a soft smile.

"Hello Professor," I said as a small smile played at the corner of his lips fighting to the surface. "Did you need something?"

"I wanted to say I'm glad you remember who you are," he said as I grinned.

"Thank you. Um could you do me a favor?" I asked as he nodded. "Watch out for Dray. I can't always be there for him but he needs people to support him."

"Of course. He is my godson after all," Snape said to me his lips turning upward in a smile no one but family saw from the Professor.

"I should go before curfew but thank you for the pleasant conversation," I said turning on my heels and walking up to the portrait of Salazar with my head held high. "Pureblood."

"Come on in," the painting smiled welcoming me for the first time since I started here. I was finally aware of who I was and I knew where I belonged. I waltzed up to my bedroom flopping on the mattress allowing sleep to consume me once more.