Ch. 19 The New Hogwarts

After a few weeks passed it was finally the day the school year was to start. I stood in my room fidgeting with my uniform. My icy eyes shined brightly and just beneath the surface I saw a silvery glimmer just like the one that had healed Bella. My smile grew as the magic brushed against the surface of my skin before I turned away from the mirror heading to the great hall. I buried the magic deeply within myself as I sat down at the Slytherin table to wait for the others to arrive. I felt excited but also nervous for the year that was about to unfold. I wondered who would return to Hogwarts now that Professor Snape was the headmaster. A lot of students thought he was dangerous but he's the furthest thing from it. Snape really cared about his students despite his harsh demeanor.

"Isa!" Draco came over to me the moment he entered the hall. He sat beside me as I grinned at him. I had missed my brother the past few days.

"Hiya Dray," I smirked hugging him brushing my nerves aside. "Have you seen Bella lately?" I asked Draco my concern for her still nagging the back of my head. I was told she was fully healed but I wasn't sure if the ancient magic had truly healed her. No one understood my powers and that scared me. I wondered if the magic was part of the reason I was so concerned for her despite how illogical my fears were. I knew I would need to see her for myself eventually but was settling for whatever information I could get.

"Nope," he said as I sighed. "Worried are you?" Draco asked me with a raised eyebrow. I knew he wasn't informed of the power I had used based on his teasing tone.

"Yeah," I said before dropping my voice to a whisper explaining that I had used a power no one knew about to heal her.

"Bloody hell," Draco muttered staring at me with wide eyes. I gave a laugh at his language as he rarely spoke like that, especially around me. He tended to baby me.

"Anyway, do you know what's happening this year?" I asked as he motioned to the Carrows. I frowned knowing they weren't going to be good teachers. "Watch the students carefully when they are around. They tend to fire spells then ask questions."  I stated as I eyed the two sitting at the teachers table.

"Yeah but on the plus side they have been ordered to follow any order given by you Isabelle," Draco said as I turned to stare at him in shock.

"Really?" I muttered before my lips pulled into a smile. "This will be fun." I grinned at him when I felt someone enter my head.

"Ms. Malfoy, I need you to come to the manor. Something has happened that you need to be caught up on," Tom spoke in my head. I instantly got up my eyes locking with Snape's before I left the great hall. I raced through the halls towards the headmaster's office without a word. I stood before the statue saying the password. which I had been given for this exact reason. I knew whatever Tom needed it had to be serious. He wouldn't involve me if it wasn't. I entered Snape's office grabbing the floo powder. I walked into the fireplace flooing back to the manor. I stepped out of the fire place at the manor coming face to face with my severely injured father. He was on the couch and my mother was crying as she tried to heal him. My heart skipped a beat as I walked closer to them.

"What happened?" I asked as Tom rushed over to me.

"The Order was looking for me. They broke into the manor and your father delayed them long enough for me to escape but he took several injuries as you can see," Tom said as I waltzed over to my father. I knelt down beside him keeping my emotions in check. I took his hand gently as I looked over his broken body. I could feel his pain to the fullest extent. I was pretty sure I could feel his pain due to the ancient powers in my body as well as the fact that he is my father and a Malfoy. I was surprised to see he was still conscious and looking at me. Tears gathered in my eyes as I pictured the very magic I had seen in my eyes this morning bringing it to the surface. I couldn't see him hurt anymore.

People watched as the bright magic flowed through the room. The threads of my magic laced through me and my father. As people watched my powers mend his body I had my eyes shut feeling bliss as my power burn through my body. It filled every inch of my body and I hadn't realized how much I craved to feel the old magic until now. The light died down as my father sat up rushing to grab me as I swayed. He had been ready for my exhaustion this time. Unlike last time I managed to stay conscious. My body had grown slightly more accustomed to the level of magic, though it still was draining I didn't pass out this time.

"Isabelle," my mother whispered grabbing my hand helping me to my feet. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I said giving her a soft smile. "You have no idea how incredible that magic makes me feel."

"Ms. Malfoy, you only used a fraction of your powers to heal him," Tom said as I looked at him slightly confused. If that was a fraction what could I do with my powers used to their fullest?

"Fraction," I stared as Tom nodded. "Do you know about what else I could do?"

"Unfortunately I'm as in the dark as you," Tom said as I frowned. I had hoped for a better response but wasn't shocked.

"Well then. Guess I'll figure it out," I said simply before I made my way from the room. No one moved to follow but everyone stared at me until I was out of sight. I went into my room deciding I was going to get to the bottom of this. I needed to know what happened and why I had this power.

I climbed on my bed sitting down with my eyes shut. I breathed in and out while I pictured the silvery magic that brought a wave of bliss with it. Once I felt the full extent of the power flowing through me I focused it on the years I was missing clarity on. I needed to know what happened and hopefully get a clue about the magic within my body.

I gasped in pain as I felt a barrier shatter within me as well as another burst of magic inside me. Darkness swam across my body as I tried to control the volatile powers pushing against me. My first instinct was to push it away, to fight back but that isn't what I did. My eyes flew open as I decided to embrace the magic. The silver glow flowed around me as the barrier faded away. The pain of the dark magic was excruciating at first but soon I found my body craving it's every touch. The magic brought with it the memories taken from me as I collapsed onto the mattress unconscious. The memories, no longer hindered by anything flickered through me.