Ch. 22 The Weasleys

I continued to lean against the wall as the pain both emotional and physical pain weighed on me. I didn't move from the spot by the window until I heard the sound of footsteps.

I scrambled back as the door opened to reveal Ron and Molly. I looked at them with fear pulsing through my body. I tried to hide the terror I felt as I looked at them.

"Please," I said tears gathering in my eyes as my facade crumbled along with my strength.

"Come," Molly said with no compassion on her face. I didn't move, I wasn't sure if it was fear or defiance keeping me standing by the wall. My lack of movement caused Molly to rush forward grabbing my wrist. I tried to pull away but my body was still weak from the curse. I stumbled as she pulled me out of the room and down the hall back into the room where Ron had tortured me. Panic flashed through me as I stepped into the room not sure what to expect.

"Hello Miss Malfoy," Professor Lupin said as my eyes drifted over to him. He was sitting at the table looking at me with a neutral expression. Molly didn't waste time as she pushed me into a chair across from Lupin. I looked at him wearily. He wasn't being overly mean to me but that didn't mean he wouldn't soon. Tension coiled in my muscles as I looked at the Professor with my tear stained cheeks.

"Professor," I said trying to wipe the tears off my face.

"Will you excuse us Molly?" He asked flashing her an overly big smile. She grinned viciously before pulling Ron out of the room shutting the door. Once it was shut he put up a silencing charm. "Are you alright Miss Malfoy?"

"I'm fine," I said putting up a tough front.

"Why are you here?" He asked me. I met his curious gaze.

"They find me to be a traitor because I have positioned myself on Tom's side," I said simply. No point in hiding that fact since the Order already knew this. I wouldn't gain anything from lying.

"Why?" He questioned. "Why would a girl who fought with Harry turn her back on him?" His eyes were filled with nothing but genuine curiosity as he waited for me answer.

"I was taken from my family by Dumbledore. And contrary to popular belief he didn't do it to protect me," I told Lupin bitterly. "He took me and left me at Wool's orphanage knowing that they were responsible for hurting other magical children," I said with anger in my blue eyes. "It only gets worse because when I was little Dumbledore came and while he could have taken me to help he didn't. He took me for an unknown amount of time a tortured me telling me I deserved it before he returned me to the orphanage with the parting gift of a memory charm I only recently reversed." I stated at Lupin's eyes as they widened slightly.

"You have shared this with Molly haven't you?" He asked me. I nodded.

"That is why I was tortured. I told them that Dumbledore was a monster and Ron refused to believe me and so he used the Cruciatus curse until I passed out. Molly didn't even flinch," I told him.

"Why are you chained?" He asked though I could see he was only confirming his suspicion.

"These chains bind my magic so I can't use it," I said softly my anger fading slightly as the conversation continued. "It's rather annoying because I can feel my magic inside my body but I can't access it."

"I can try and get them off if you'd like," he said as I nodded. My magic longed to be free almost as much as I did. If Professor Lupin got the chains off I could get away. He walked towards me kneeling beside me. He gave me a gentle smile as he reached to undo the chain. The second his hands got near the chain it launched him across the room. My jaw dropped as he groaned before getting up. "Apparently they have more than magic suppression on them."

"They must not trust you," I stated. "It has only done that with you."

"Not surprised," he said as he sat back on his chair. The more time I spent with the misunderstood Professor the more I wondered which side he was on. He didn't seem to defend the light as much as I thought he would.

"Professor. Which side are you on?" I asked him softly deciding that I needed to know.

"I wasn't sure until we talked but now I feel like I don't have a choice but to side against the Order," he said simply. "Of course I loved James and Sirius but they didn't know the truth. And no one deserves what has happened to you. I can't support anyone being mistreated." I could see an underlying pain beneath his words as he spoke.

"You have no idea," I said as I thought about the magic running through my veins, the product of my brief death that only a select few knew about. "I'm sorry for the way you and all creatures like you have been treated."

"I don't think we have much time left but is there anything I can do for you?" He asked me trying to avoid the emotional conversation looming as I shook my head.

"If you see my family tell them not to come," I said firmly. "If they came people would get seriously hurt!"

"Okay," he said to me before removing the silencing charm. "I'm sorry you don't see the error of your ways Miss Malfoy," Professor Lupin said locking eyes with me. I knew he was faking for Molly.

Molly walked into the room with Ron dismissing Lupin. He gave me one last concerned glance before apperating away leaving me alone with Molly and Ron. As I looked into Molly's eyes I knew what came next wouldn't be pleasant. She yanked me to my feet striking me across the face. I gasped touching my cheek as Ron smirked.

"Are you going to give us his location?!" Ron snapped only for me to look at him defiantly.

"Screw you!" I said seconds before Molly shoved me to the floor.

"Crucio!" She growled as the hot pain filled my body. I let out a scream as my body pleaded for the pain to stop. My magic was stirring within my body wanting to break loose, to defend me. The cuffs felt hot as I pulled against them trying to somehow relieve the pain but relief didn't come.