Ch. 12 Dad and Mom

I walked out of the room only to be met with my mom again. She took my hand gently as we made our way downstairs. She had a grin on her face as we stood at the bottom of the stairs causing everyone to look at us in confusion. My blue eyes found my father's eyes as he stared at me in disbelief.

"Dad," I muttered as he continued to stare at me. He glanced at Tom who nodded in confirmation. My father walked towards me cupping my cheek in his hand.

"My little girl," he said kissing my forehead. He stepped back with a grin on his face. Bellatrix stood in the corner with a smirk.

"Thank you once again Aunt Bells," I said as she waltzed toward me.

"Anything for my goddaughter," she said before tucking a piece of hair behind my ear planting a quick kiss on my cheek before standing off to the side once more.

"Now that we are all together what are we going to do about mister 'I'm the good guy but I kidnap children'?" I asked as Tom and Draco shared a look. "What?"

"Draco is working on getting us into Hogwarts," Aunt Bella spoke up. A smile spread across my lips as my magic crackled just beneath the surface.

"Can I help? My magic could speed up whatever plan you have Dray," I said as he nodded.

"I am trying to mend a vanishing cabinet but none of the spells have worked," he said as I nodded. I could easily fix the cabinet.

"When we return to school I'll fix it," I said firmly. "Do you guys have clothes I can use?" I asked glancing at my ash coated nightgown.

"Yeah," Bella said waving her wand. The nightgown flew to her hand. She handed the soft black material to me. I smiled at her in gratitude.

"I'm going to change," I said leaving the room entering the bathroom. I changed my outfit before returning to my family who were all waiting for me. I leaned my body against my mother my head resting against her shoulder.

"You tired?" She asked with a laugh.

"Well Bella did wake me in the middle of the night setting the Burrow on fire," I said flatly as Bella smirked at me. I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face as I looked at Bella.

"As you saw your room isn't ready but you can stay in a guest room until we update it to your age," my mom said stroking my head. I nodded holding her arm.

"Tuck me in?" I asked quietly. She grinned before leading me up to a room. I crawled into the bed before she covered me with the blanket.

"I love you Isa. You are so loved by us all," my mom said kissing my forehead. "Sleep well." She turned to leave but I reached out grabbing her hand. I felt like a child but I couldn't help the words that came out of my mouth.

"Will you stay?" I asked her. Her soft blue eyes looked into my slightly scared eyes. She climbed into the bed beside me draping her arm around me. I curled into her body shutting my eyes. She continued to hold me rubbing my back gently as I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

I woke the next morning to an empty bed. I got up with a sigh knowing I'd need clothes from somewhere. I exited the bedroom locating Draco.

"Bro. I need clothes," I said softly. He laughed before showing me to our mother's room to get me something to wear. He knocked waiting patiently for her to open the door. I stood just behind Draco still feeling slightly out of place in the family that was supposed to be so right. I was more comfortable here than I had been everywhere else but the fact that I had just reunited with them made me feel uncomfortable. The door opened after a few minutes. My mother looked at Draco before she spotted me behind him.

"Isabelle," She said slowly as if sensing my discomfort.

"She needs clothes to wear," Draco said for me when he noticed I wasn't going to ask. I wasn't sure how to act around them now that everyone knew who I was. It was almost easier for me to communicate with them prior. Now, they knew I was their child and that meant they had a different view of me than before. I was scared to do the wrong thing. I was terrified of pushing them away.

"Oh right hang on," she said rushing to her closet. Draco turned leaving us alone. He saw my panic but he knew I needed to reconnect before this feeling would go away. When I was looking for a way to tell my family I wanted nothing more than to be here but now that I am it feels strange. I love my family but it was hard to think of them that way when I hadn't known them. I was pulled from my thoughts when she handed me a simple black dress. I turned to leave when I felt her grab my hand. "Isabelle. Tell me what's wrong. You were fine yesterday in fact you didn't want me to leave and now you don't seem to want to be in the same room as me." I froze at her pain laced words. I hadn't meant to make her feel this way. It wasn't her fault. I faced her with tears falling down my rosy cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to think I don't want to be here," I said through my tears. My mother's eyes filled with concern as she reached up wiping my tears away. "I'm just really confused. I never had a family before. I'm not used to feeling the way I am. I'm trying but it's hard." I sobbed as she looked into my eyes softly.

"Honey. It's okay, I understand and I don't blame you but I want you to know you can tell me anything," she said pulling me to her bed sitting me down. She crouched down in front of me her hands on my legs as she looked up at me. "I loved you since the moment I had you but this is new for me too. I'm not used to having both my children here but that doesn't mean I love you any less. I've always loved you and I always will love you." I looked into her blue eyes and saw nothing but the truth. I threw my arms around her as her hands instinctively wrapped around my body holding me close to herself.

"I love you," I said softly as I continued to hug her. If I had been at the orphanage a single tear meant a beating. Any question meant no dinner for weeks. Talking back brought a new level of pain as the owner would beat you then throw you to the streets for a few weeks. I wasn't used to love of any kind and yet here, Narcissa Malfoy, my mother, was loving me so unconditionally even as I tried to pull away from her. Instead of anger at my moment of fear she held me and wiped my pain away, she understood. She was my mother...