Ch. 18 Powerful

My eyes flew open to find I was in my room. I looked around spotting my mother in a chair beside me. I sat up slowly before I opened my mouth.

"Mom," I said as she jolted up rushing towards me.

"Sweetheart," she said sitting on the edge of my bed. She took my hand quickly in hers.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked as she frowned.

"Four hours. Tom requested I call him when you woke," she said her eyes trailing over my body checking for injuries. I felt completely fine, back to normal, but that didn't stop the worry that my mother had. "I'll go get him." She said after she finished looking. She opened the door telling someone outside the door to get Tom. Within two minutes he arrived and was staring at me in shock.

"Why are you looking at my like that?" I asked causing him to sigh sitting on a chair as I moved to sit on the edge of my bed.

"You are strong. Stronger that any witch or wizard I have ever had the pleasure of meeting," Tom said simply. "You are stronger than even me. The magic you used is ancient magic that no one can access anymore or so we thought until Cissy watched you heal Bellatrix with it." Tom said softly.

"What does it mean?" I asked him, my brows pulled together in confusion. How could I use that magic if the most advanced wizards couldn't? I was going into my third year and yet I used the magic that had been lost long ago.

"You have a deep connection to those witches and wizards who died. They have gifted you with all their magic," he said simply. "You have the power of every Malfoy that came before you," Tom said firmly as my lips parted. The Malfoys were strong which meant I had more magic than even I thought.

"Do you think the connection has anything to do with the gap in my memory?" I asked as I looked at Tom. He looked at me in confusion before I elaborated. "I don't clearly remember a few years between 3-5 years of age. Do you think something happened to cause me to merge my powers with the dead Wizards and Witches?" I asked him softly. I hated not knowing what happened then and I had a feeling Dumbledore did something during that time but what? Dumbledore had most likely altered my memories my entire life I just wish I knew the extent of his cruelty.

"Most likely," Tom said softly. "If you focus on that time frame you may be able to recover some memories now that you are as strong as you are but think carefully if you truly want to remember," he continued. I nodded listening to him as I processed the words he said. "You should rest."

"No I'm fine," I said firmly giving him no room for arguments. "Plus I should be at Hogwarts."

"It's okay," He said but I shook it off as I climbed out of bed. I grabbed some of my stuff packing my trunk. I was supposed to go straight to Hogwarts after the wedding even though it was early to help Severus.

"How are the twins?" I asked while I shut my trunk. I spun towards Tom as he smiled.

"Excellent as well as amusing," he said as I grinned. "Worried about you but now that you are awake that fear should ease some."

"The twins are fiercely loyal," I stated with a smile as I picked up my trunk. "I'm going to say goodbye to everyone before I head to Hogwarts. Anything at Hogwarts you need me to do?"

"Watch out for Potter. I have a feeling he will come eventually," Tom said firmly. I nodded in understanding before heading to find my parents. It didn't take me long as they were in the living room staring at the stairs waiting for me. I smiled at them as they gave forced smiles back. My father's eyes were hard masking his emotions while my mother's blue eyes glistened with unshed tears. My heart clenched knowing I had to leave them.

"You're going," my mom said with pain in her voice. I walked forward without a word and pulled her into my arms. I rested my head on her as she wrapped her arms around me. We both stayed quiet enjoying being in each other's arms.

"I love you," I said as I pulled back. She caressed my cheek with a soft smile.

"I love you too sweetheart," she said firmly before I turned to my father.

"I promise. I won't let them get away with hurting our family!" I said firmly as he nodded. I knew he had a hard time expressing his feelings at least the ones he saw as weakness like sadness or pain. I gave him a soft smile trying to ease his worry.

"I know you will. I will see you this winter break," he said before I grabbed my trunk. I would have spoken with Bella but I had a feeling she had jumped right back into the fray once I healed her. She wasn't one to take it easy though I'm sure I had occupied her mind the entire time. She cared about her family more deeply than people knew.

"Tell Bella I said goodbye and I will see you all at Christmas," I said as my mom nodded. I turned on my heels walking to the floo network. "Hogwarts, Headmaster's office." I stepped out of the fireplace to come face to face with Severus. "Hello Headmaster."

"Miss Malfoy, I am surprised to see you here," Severus said his voice devoid of emotion.

"Well you shouldn't be. Apparently I'm stronger than most," I told him simply.

"I am aware," he said as I looked at him. "It is why Dumbledore wanted you taken in the first place. You had more power in your body than both your parents just moments after you were born."

"Yeah and that power only grew," I told him simply. "I can use ancient magic. I healed Bellatrix with it."

"That's impressive. Now here is your timetable so you know where to be when. I will retrieve you for meetings or tasks as necessary," Snape drawled as I nodded. I slipped my timetable into my trunk with a smile.

"Thank you headmaster. I should inform you that we are to watch for Potter. Tom thinks he will come soon," I stated.

"Of course," he said before I exited his office. I headed straight to the Slytherin common room locating my room. I sat on my bed as another wave of exhaustion hit me, most likely still from my ancient magic use.