Chapter 6

REGULAR POV

     My throbbing skull caused me to awake in a dim lit room. I couldn't remember much, only the bear stealing MY kill.

    I tried to growl, but I realized that I was in my human form. I shrugged. My worry started increasing as I thought of what could have happened for me to end up here.

    Had the corporation found me? I started freaking out, my breaths coming in short gasps. I lifted my hands to my head, about to run my fingers through my hair in distress.

    But then I realized with relief that my arms weren't in restraints, but wrapped with bloodied cloths.

    I needed to gain control over my wolf spirit, or else I'll end up in more trouble than I could get myself out of.

    I sat up, scanning the room. It was empty besides the bed I was laying on but it was quite small so it wasn't surprising. The area was silent, other than the sound of the air conditioning cooling the room.

    I massaged my temples, trying to soothe my pounding migraine.

    A second later I could hear hurried footsteps echoing through the hallways, approaching my room.

    I flinched, possibilities of what or who could have taken me running through my mind. I just sat there like an idiot, looking at the door in defeat.

    "You awake in there?" a deep male voice asked from outside the door.

    I shuddered, this couldn't be good. I attempted to speak, but no sound came out due to my anxiety. I needed to calm myself down. Taking a deep, reassuring breath, I tried to speak again.

    "Uh.. y-yeah..." I tripped over my words. I mentally facepalmed. I sounded like a scared child, afraid of a 'monster' in the dark.

"Alright." the door was pushed open, revealing a tall man in a business suit and a white undershirt.

    His arms were abnormally long and his hands were pale white with bony fingers at the end. I looked up to face the man, but immediately wished I hadn't.

    My mind started rushing thousands of miles per hour. Fear coursed through my veins, my heart slamming against my chest at a rate that was unhealthy.

    I scrambled backward, his appearance making alarms blare in my brain.

    His face was completely devoid of facial features, like a blank piece of paper waiting to be written on. No eyes, no mouth, no nose, no ears, no hair. No nothing!

    His presence forced images into my head that were so terrifying that not even the darkest part of any humans imagination could think of it.

    My breathing quickened as panic seized me. My hands were shaking violently and my legs were paralyzed with pure horror.

    "Are you g-gonna hurt me?" I stammered, clutching onto the covers.

    "Someone told me you were different.... like us. Why would I hurt you, child, when you have potential?" He responded, like it was simple.

    'How the hell can he speak?!' I thought, puzzled.

    "I should be asking you how you can shift to a wolf." he said abruptly, his voice nonchalant as if this were all normal.

    "You ca-"

    "Read minds? Yes child. There is much you don't know. I am Slenderman." he took a step toward me, offering a bony hand.

    I flinched, my fear still fresh and pumping. Slenderman kept his hand in the same spot, waiting for me to accept it.

    I was going to regret this.

    I reluctantly placed my hand in his, wincing from the pain in my wounds as he pulled me to my feet.

    "It is time for me to introduce you to the others." Slenderman stated, gently guiding me out of the room. I hesitated. How were they going to react?

    "BEN, I need you here now!" Slenderman called, still gripping my hand tightly.

    I stood there awkwardly, waiting for BEN to appear. After a minute of an uncomfortable silence, a short boy with blonde hair was approaching us.

    He had palish skin with emerald eyes that flashed with curiosity when he saw me.

    He had a green clothes on with a hood on and strongly resembled Link from Legends of Zelda. He scanned me up and down. I looked away self consciously.

    "What's up Slendy?" BEN asked, shifting his gaze from me to Slenderman.

    "Go gather the others. Tell them I said to meet in the kitchen." Slenderman demanded.

    I couldn't do it, what if they were going to kill me? But Slenderman was already pulling me down a narrow hallway, regardless of my protests.

    The place was a depressing sight. Not very bright, only dull lighting from burned out lightbulbs and the occasional candle.

    There were some old framed pictures here and there with some tables that had withered plants on them. The wall paint was peeling and dried blood flaked off of it as well.

    I shivered, glancing behind my back as Slenderman guided me toward the others. Ahead, I heard voices speaking. We were near. Slenderman pulled me to the left and I found myself in a kitchen.

    It looked like a normal kitchen aside from the fact that a bunch of creepy people were all sitting at the table. They didn't realize we had entered, that is until Slenderman cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. They all snapped their attention to us. I felt their gazes boring in my skin as they scanned me down.

    "What the HELL?!" a shocked guy choked on his water while looking at me. I knew that smile a mile away..

***

Sorry this one was short too :/ Anyway, see that star at the bottom of the screen when you tap? Do you think you could tap that star? Idk.. you do you.

Thorn, Out