Chapter 16

The next day, things were a lot better. Jeff was still a little irritated for whatever reason, but he would talk to me every now and then. Sometimes we would even have a short conversation. Nothing too eventful happened, thankfully. I was glad that he was starting to loosen up a little

    "I think I know where we are." Jeff said suddenly, snapping me out of my daze.

    "You do?" I asked, hope flaring in my chest.

    "Yeah, the mansion should be over there." he answered, gesturing to my right. I think he even sounded a smidge happy.

    We turned and continued walking, stepping over fallen logs and dodging trees.

    "Why don't the other creepypastas ever come looking for you?" I questioned. I was genuinely confused on why they didn't try and help one another. He was silent for a second.

    "To be honest, no one cares. If you don't come back, you're considered dead." he shrugged, stepping over a log.

    "That's stupid." I thought aloud.

    "You'll get used to it." he replied, glancing at me.

    "I hope so.." I muttered. He sighed, looking down on me.

    "You're gonna have to. You need to steel yourself if you're ever gonna survive in slender mansion." he said, before looking forward again.

    "Yeah, I guess." I didn't think I was going to survive. But at least I was trying. We walked for a minute or two before Jeff spoke up again.

    "Finally!" he said randomly. I looked up and in the distance I spotted the slender mansion. I smiled for the first time in what felt like centuries.

    "I guess you really did know the way." I joked. I knew very well he had no clue where he was going.

    "The hell I did!" he responded, smiling at me.

    It honestly caught me by surprise when he acted at least a little nice.

    He must've seen my surprised face, because his gaze immediately reverted back to its original guarded one. I groaned inwardly.

    We made it to the mansion within a matter of minutes. When we opened the door, everyone that was in the kitchen looked genuinely shocked when they saw us.

    "That's the second time Jeff ever disappeared and came back without a word." Toby was the first one to say anything.

    "Yeah, except this time he has his little girlfriend." BEN teased. Jeff instantly glared at BEN, silencing his giggles. I just ignored it. I didn't question how BEN got out, nor did Jeff. If the others didn't care, than neither did I.

    We both walked in, and I honestly just wanted to pass right out.

    Everyone went back to their own business, not even questioning our disappearance. Wow, they actually didn't care.

   "So you returned safely, (Y/N)." Slenderman appeared in the kitchen, causing me to flinch in surprise. As I gathered my thoughts, anger boiled deep in my soul. He knew the Volliars were down there!

    "You knew they were down there, didn't you?" I asked in a grim voice, staring boldly up at Slenderman.

    "Of course I did. But you got over your fear, didn't you?" Slenderman answered calmly.

    His question caught me by surprise. I honestly hadn't thought about my claustrophobia. I had been too caught up on escaping. I guess he did have his ways of getting rid of fears.

    As I was deep in thought, I heard Jeff growl from beside me.

    Oh great. Not right now! I thought.

    "I can't believe you!" Jeff retaliated from beside me.

    "What can't you believe?" Slenderman chuckled darkly.

    "That you would leave me with her! You're such a-" he shut his mouth instantly. The entire kitchen went silent.

    "I'm what?" Slenderman's voice went demonic as he tightly wrapped his tentacles around Jeff's waist, causing Jeff to grunt.

    "Nothing.. sir." Jeff said, sounding strained.

    "I don't want to hear another word from you, Jeffrey." Slenderman released Jeff with a thump. He glared at Slenderman and got up, storming out of the kitchen.

    "Now, Sadie, I need you to get (Y/N) some clothes and (Y/N), I need you to rest. You have more training tomorrow." Slenderman ordered. A girl with long blonde hair and a missing eye with black ink oozing from it got up. I assumed that she was Sadie.

    Slenderman disappeared just as quickly as he has appeared.

    This is going to be a long week. I thought as Sadie brought me upstairs and gave me some clothes.

***

Sorry this is a short chapter. The next one will be longer, though. Hope you guys are enjoying it or whatever. Maybe you can tap the star? Idk well anyway..

Thorn, Out