Chapter 26

Slenderman didn't give us any directions, and Jeff and I were already deep in the woods when we realized that.

    "I think I might know where to go.." I said. For some reason I just had this urge, this instinct. I felt like I knew.

    "How would you know?" Jeff growled.

    "I just know, okay?" I snapped. Then something clicked. It was the same urge I had when I woke up from that nightmare awhile back.

    "Why should I follow you? You only ever get us in trouble!" he hissed.

    "You have to trust me on this! It's either that or we walk all the way back to Slender mansion and ask for directions. And we both know Slenderman won't be happy!" I countered.

    "Fine. But if we get in any sort of trouble, it your fault. Not mine." Jeff gave in. I was satisfied with that answer.

    "Deal." I said happily. I began following my instincts, Jeff reluctantly trudging behind me.

    I had a feeling it would be a days walk. If we sprinted we could make it faster, but I knew we had to save energy. After all, who knew what awaited us at the place?

    Jeff definitely wasn't happy that he had to follow me, but he had to trust me. I wished he would quit being stubborn.

    "We probably won't make it to ALF before sunset." I remarked.

    "So we'll have to sleep in the woods tonight?" he asked.

    "Yep.." I sighed. We walked in silence once more. I couldn't help but think about my revenge.

*I have no clue how to transition from right here so.. TIME SKIP TO NIGHT*

    "Where should we stop?" I asked, stopping in my tracks and looking around.

    "We should just stay right here. Get some sticks and I'll get the setup for a fire." Jeff said. I nodded, walking off into the night.

    I'll have to admit, it was a little unsettling. As I walked some more, picking up sticks on my way, I started feeling strange.

   Alone..  A voice said in my head. Oh sh*t! Why now?

    I glanced around, the rustle of bushes causing me to jump slightly. The symbol I saw in my nightmares flashed before my eyes for a split second. I backed up. That symbol held something dark.

    Aww.. poor little child, all alone.. I shuddered, fear crawling up my spine. I felt like stone. I didn't want to see that creature again.

    "Leave me alone." I said firmly. Paranoid, I glanced behind my back. I tightened my grip on the sticks to help with my shaking hands.

    "I'm not afraid of you." I growled, sounding braver than I felt. I was prepared to attack anything coming my way.

    Are you sur- The voice was cut off.

    "(Y/N), can you hurry the f**k up?" I heard Jeff call a ways away.

    Relief flooded through my bones. The strange feeling went away temporarily, but I could still feel the darkness. I glanced around one last time.

    "I'm trying, chill!" I called back. I hurried back to Jeff, handing him the sticks.

    "What took you forever?" Jeff complained, beginning to set up the fire.

    "Nothing, I was just looking around." I lied. I huffed and sat down in a dip in the roots.

    "You could've been faster." Jeff pointed out, lighting the fire with the match he brought.

    "Can we just not argue about this right now?" I growled, irritated.

    He shrugged and sat on the other side of the fire. The orange light flooded through the small area. I took a calming breath, glad that the darkness wasn't too close to me.

    "Tomorrow's gonna be.. eventful." Jeff said, leaning back onto his palms.

    "Yeah, you think it'll work out?" I asked. We brought gasoline and dynamite, prepared to explode the place to pieces.

    "Probably." he said, sounding completely confident. I didn't feel so sure, though.

    We sat in silence for awhile. I didn't know what to say, but there was one question I wanted to ask him.

    "Jeff?" I said. He looked up at me.

    "What?" he asked, looking bored.

    "Why do you hate me?" I questioned. I had wanted to know since day one.

    "Good question. I hate everyone. I'm a serial killer, what do you expect?" he growled, "I don't have feelings, I don't have friends, and I don't have sympathy."

    I arched my eyebrow. I doubted that, but didn't question it any farther. He hated me specifically for some reason, and I wanted to know why.

    We soon fell asleep, the crackle of the fire the last thing I could hear before I drifted into the dream world.

***

Sorry this was so short.. and uneventful. But the next chapter will DEFINITELY make up for it. Can't wait to post it!!

Thorn, Out