Chapter 23

I sat at the kitchen table, waiting for Jeff to get downstairs. Tonight was the night that we held the competition.

Training was actually not that bad with Jeff. BEN pretty much despised us, though, and I'm sure he was ready to play any dirty trick he had up his sleeve in the competition.

BEN was partners with Ticci Toby. Toby would occasionally give Jeff and I sad looks as if he was glad he wasn't us.

The teams were EJ and LJ, Ticci Toby and BEN, Jeff and I, Masky and Hoodie, and Clockwork and Sadie. So five teams total.

The other proxies were not participating because the more proxies the longer the competition lasts, and Slenderman wanted to get it over with quickly.

"You ready for today?" Jeff asked.

"To be honest, I don't know." I answered, turning to face him.

"Well we cant lose." Jeff huffed, sitting beside me.

"I realize, but BEN is going to make this a living hell." I replied. I was extremely nervous for what BEN had planned. He was going to do anything to get us to lose.

"We'll try to avoid him." Jeff said, as if it was the perfect solution.

Jeff and I didn't exactly have a game plan. We decided we would make it up as we went on.

The other proxy participants were soon filling in and waiting in the kitchen for Slenderman.

Everyone was talking to their partner, suspiciously glancing at the other teams. Jeff just leaned back in the chair and quit talking entirely. We really didn't have much to talk about anyway.

"What is taking him so long?" I asked Jeff.

He shrugged, "Who knows?"

Suddenly, as if on cue, Slenderman appeared in the middle of the kitchen.

"Is everybody ready?" he asked. We all nodded our heads.

"One more thing before we go, remember that anything is allowed. But no killing another proxy. Understood?" Everyone replied with a 'yes' and we were teleported to the edge of the forest.

Thankfully I had gotten used to the shock by then.

"The team that can go on the biggest killing spree within an hour wins, but the team that kills the least is eliminated."

"Too easy." Jeff muttered quietly. I wasn't so sure. I hadn't killed anyone before, so who knew how this would go down?

"On your necks there is a collar. The collar will record everything that is happening so if you lie, I will know. Not only that but I have proxies that are not participating this month spread all throughout the neighborhood that will make sure you don't cheat. (Y/N), your collar will change sizes depending on what form you are in." Slenderman explained.

I took a second to absorb all of the information, reaching up to touch the metal collar. I hadn't even realized that he had gotten it on me. From the looks of everyone else, they didn't know he had gotten it on them either.

"Timer starts now. The collars will shock you when the time is up."

Jeff didn't waste a second took off toward the nearest neighborhood with me right on his tail. He dove behind the first house and waved me forward.

"I'm going to go to the house across from this one, that way if you screw anything up I'll fix it. Don't make a single sound and do not alarm the neighbors." Jeff ordered.